VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON
ORDINANCE NO. 06-2014
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE MUNICIPAL CODE FOR THE VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON, WISCONSIN
WHEREAS, the Board of Trustees of the Village of North Hudson wishes to amend Chapter 14 Buildings and Building Regulations, Article II., State Building Codes, Section 14-26, State code adopted, Section 14-28, Uniform dwelling code, and Article III., Administration and Enforcement, Section 14-66, Construction standards; codes adopted, of the Village of North Hudson Municipal Code. (Deleted language is struck through, created language is underlined.)
NOW THEREFORE, the Board of Trustees of the Village of North Hudson does ordain as follows:
Sec. 14-26. State code adopted.
The administrative code provisions describing and defining regulations with respect to one-family and two-family dwellings in Wis. Admin. Code cChs. SPS 320-325 Comm 20 through 25 are adopted and by reference made a part of this chapter as if fully set forth in this section. Any act required to be performed or prohibited by an administrative code provision incorporated in this chapter by reference is required or prohibited by this chapter. Any future amendments, revisions, or modifications of the administrative code provisions incorporated in this chapter are intended to be made part of this chapter to secure uniform statewide regulation of one-family and two-family dwellings in the village. A copy of these administrative code provisions and any future amendments shall be kept on file in the village office.
Sec. 14-28. Uniform dwelling code.
Those administrative code provisions, and any future amendments, revisions, or modifications thereto, contained in the following chapters of the Wisconsin Administrative Code are adopted:
(1) Wis. Admin. Code ch. SPS 320 Administration and enforcement. Comm 20, administrative and enforcement.
(2) Wis. Admin. Code ch. SPS 321 Construction standards. Comm 21, construction standards.
(3) Wis. Admin. Code ch. SPS 322 Energy Conservation. Comm 22, energy conservation standards.
(4) Wis. Admin. Code ch. SPS 323 Heating, ventilating and air conditioning. Comm 23, heating, ventilating and air conditioning.
(5) Wis. Admin. Code ch. SPS 324 Electrical standards. Comm 24, electrical standards.
(6) Wis. Admin. Code ch. SPS 325 Pumbing. Comm 25, plumbing and potable water standards.
Sec. 14-66. Construction standards; codes adopted.
(a) Portions of state building code adopted. Wis. Admin. Code chs. SPS 360-366 Comm. 50 through 64 (Wisconsin State Commercial Building Code) are adopted and made a part of this chapter with respect to those classes of commercial buildings to which this building code specifically applies. Any future amendments, revisions, and modifications of such chapters incorporated in this section are intended to be made a part of this building code. A copy of such chapters incorporated in this section are intended to be made a part of this building code. A copy of such chapters and amendments thereto shall be kept on file in the office of the building inspector.
(b) State plumbing code adopted. The provisions and regulations of Wis. Stats. ch. 145, and Wis. Admin. Code chs. H 81, H 82, H 83 and Comm. 25 are made a part of this chapter by reference and shall extend over and govern the installation of all plumbing installed, altered, or repaired in the village. Any further amendments, revisions and modifications of such statutes and administrative code are intended to be made part of this chapter.
(c) State electrical code adopted.
(1) Wis. Admin. Code ch. Comm. 24 is adopted by reference and made a part of this chapter and shall apply to the construction and inspection of new one-family and two-family dwellings and additions or modifications to existing one-family and two-family dwellings.
(2) Subject to the exceptions set forth in this chapter, the electrical code, volume 1, and rules of electrical code, volume 2, of the Wisconsin Administrative Code are adopted by reference and made a part of this section and shall apply to all buildings, except those covered in subsection (c)(1) of this section.
(d) Conflicts. If, in the opinion of the building inspector and the village board, the provisions of the state building code adopted by subsection (a) of this section shall conflict with the provisions of the Federal Housing Administration standards in their application to any proposed building or structure, the inspector and/or the village shall apply the most restrictive provisions in determining whether or not the proposed building meets the requirements of this section.
Adopted by the Village Board this 1st day of July, 2014.
VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON
By: /s/ Stan Wekkin, Village President
Attest: /s/ Melissa Luedke, Village Clerk
_________________________________ (Pub. 07/17/14) WNAXLP