Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Wekkin asked for a moment of silence for Randy St. Ores, a lifelong resident of the Village of North Hudson who passed away late last week. He was a member of the Hudson Fire Department for 18 years. Answering the call were Trustees Head, Nelson, OBrien-Berglund, Pike, Zais, and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Police Chief, Mark Richert; Village Engineer, Kevin Oium; Interim Public Works Director, Patrick Moos; Village Attorney, Gary Bakke for Terry Dunst; Village Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Village Clerk, Melissa Luedke.
2. Motion (OBrien-Berglund/Head) to approve the Regular Board minutes of November 29, 2016 and Special Village Board Meeting of December 20, 2016. Motion carried.
3. Comments from Tom Coulter.
4. Motion (Pike/Zappa) that the Class B/Class B Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Kozy Korner be temporarily amended for an event taking place on Saturday, January 28, 2017 from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm with the following conditions: 1) Area outside of building to be completely enclosed with a continuous fence and accessed only from within the building. 2) Use of alcohol shall remain within building or fenced-in area per the establishments liquor license. 3) Use of outside area only with specific permission of the Village Board for requested date and times. 4) Owner to provide an equal amount of adjacent substitute off-street parking while parking lot area is fenced during time of event. 5) Owner to be responsible for band/music volume. Motion carried.
5. Remarks from Wekkin and Luedke.
6. Plan Commission did not meet.
7. a. Motion (Zappa/OBrien-Berglund) to approve the December non-recurring claims of $30,921.14 and January 2017 non-recurring claims of $2,200.67. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Zais-yes, OBrien-Berglund-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Head-yes, Nelson-yes
b. Motion (Zappa/OBrien-Berglund) to approve the Village Engineering Services Contract with Cedar Corp. through December 31, 2018. Zappa withdrew his motion. Wekkin stated that this will be re-addressed at a future meeting.
c. Motion (Pike/Head) to approve the revised Public Works Director Job Description. Motion carried.
d. Motion (OBrien-Berglund/Nelson) to approve the 2017 North Hudson Staff & Equipment Service Rates. Motion carried.
8. a. Public Works update by Pike.
b. Motion (Pike/Head) to approve the purchase of the 2017 Mack Plow Truck from Nuss Truck and Equipment with the purchase amount not to exceed $200,000. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Nelson-yes, Head-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, OBrien-Berglund-yes, Zais-yes.
c. Motion (Pike/Nelson) that the Village Administrator is authorized to solicit bids from local and State lending institutions for a loan to fund the purchase of a Public Works snow plow truck in an amount not to exceed $200,000.00, to be repaid between 5 and 10 years. Loan will incorporate provisions for two loan payments per year, with the first payment due in March and second in September, and no pre-payment penalties. Motion carried.
9. Public Safety did not meet.
10. Public Welfare did not meet.
11. Park Board did not meet.
12. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 7:40 pm.
Melissa Luedke, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
___________________________________ (Pub. 02/16/17) WNAXLP