Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday,August 1, 2017 at 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m. Invocation read by Wekkin. Answering the call were Trustees Leaf, Nelson, Pike, Zais, and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustee Head was absent. Also in attendance were the Police Chief, Mark Richert; Village Engineer, Kevin Oium; Public Works Director, Patrick Moos; Village Attorney, Terry Dunst; and Village Administrator/Clerk, Melissa Luedke.
2. Motion (Pike/Zappa) to approve the Regular Board minutes of June 27, 2017. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Police Chief Richert and Fire Chief Scott St. Martin recognized Chase Meyer for his quick action and observation on June 22, 2017 and how he protected life and property. Meyer was presented with a Certificate of Recognition for his outstanding actions.
5. Motion (Zappa/Leaf) to approve Resolution 2017-06, Requesting Exemption from the County Library Tax. Motion carried.
6. Remarks from Wekkin and Luedke.
7.a. Plan Commission update by Oium.
b. Motion (Zappa/Nelson) to approve the Final Plat of Whispering Oaks-Phase III, an extraterritorial subdivision located in the Town of Hudson, applicant John Parotti, NWP Holdings, LLC with the following condition: 1) The developer must provide the Village of North Hudson with a signed, recorded copy of the Final Plat. The developer is hereby notified that Village approval does not constitute approval by the Town of Hudson, the St. Croix County Planning and Zoning Department, or any other reviewing authority. Motion carried.
8. a. Motion (Zappa/Leaf) to approve the August 2017 non-recurring claims of $161,872.05. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Nelson-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, Zais-yes, Leaf-yes.
b. Motion (Pike/Leaf) to authorize the Village Administrator to withdraw $30,000 from the LGIP sewer maintenance savings account and transfer to the 201 Fund. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Leaf-yes, Zais-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Nelson-yes.
c. Wekkin announced that union negotiations are open. Motion (Zappa/Leaf) to authorize Village officials to negotiate WPPA Union Contract. Motion carried.
d. Motion (Zappa/Leaf) to authorize the Public Welfare Committee to begin the Request for Proposal process for Garbage/Recycling Services. Motion carried.
9.a. Public Works update by Pike.
b. Motion (Pike/Leaf) to approve the use of St. Croix County Highway Department for seal coating of Village streets in an amount not to exceed $20,000. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Leaf-yes, Zais-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Nelson-yes.
c. Motion (Pike/Leaf) to approve having St. Croix County spray patch Village streets at a cost not to exceed $15,000. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Nelson-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, Zais-yes, Leaf-yes.
d. Motion (Pike/Leaf) to approve the following Wisconsin Hwy 35 Project cost sharing items; landscaping for approximately 30 new trees in an amount of $3,300, and new sidewalk from Michaelson Street N to Sommer Street N in an amount of $10,000 for a total Village cost share of $13,300. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 4-2. Nelson-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-no, Zappa-no, Zais-yes, Leaf-yes.
10. a. Public Safety update by Zappa.
b. Motion (Zappa/Leaf) to authorize the purchase and installation of one (1) digital ready radio for installation in the police department and installation of the digital software into the current mobile and portable Motorola radios by Ancom Communications in an amount not to exceed $13,500 to be allocated from the undesignated fund. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Leaf-yes, Zais-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Nelson-yes.
11. Public Welfare did not meet.
12. Park Board update by Nelson.
13. Motion (Leaf/Nelson) to convene into closed session pursuant to §19.85(1)(e) to deliberate or negotiate the purchase of public properties, the investing of public funds, or conducting other specified public business, whenever competitive or bargaining reasons require a closed session, with respect to water and sewer ad hoc committee updates and possibly combining all water and sewer system components with the City of Hudson. Motion carried. The board convened into closed session at 7:40 p.m.
14. Motion (Zappa/Zais) to reconvene into open session. Motion carried. The board reconvened into open session at 8:13 p.m.
Discussion and possible action based on closed session-water and sewer ad hoc committee updates and possibly combining all water and sewer system components with the City of Hudson: No further discussion or action taken.
15. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 8:14 p.m.
Melissa Luedke, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
_____________________________________ (Pub. 09/14/17) WNAXLP