Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Invocation read by Wekkin. Answering the call were Trustees Head, Leaf, Nelson, Pike, Zais, and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Police Chief, Mark Richert; Village Engineer, Kevin Oium; Public Works Director, Patrick Moos; Village Attorney, Terry Dunst; Village Administrator/Clerk, Melissa Luedke; and Deputy Clerk/Treasurer, Jessica Lehman.
2. Motion (Pike/Zappa) to approve the Regular Board minutes of September 5, 2017. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Motion (Zappa/Leaf) that the Class "B" / "Class B" Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Mallalieu Inn be temporarily amended for an event taking place October 14, 2017 with the following conditions: 1) Possession of open containers of alcohol outside of the establishment shall remain within Mallalieu Inn parking lot and blocked off street area for event (Wisconsin St N from 3rd St N to 6th St N). 2) Use of outside area only with specific permission of Village Board for each particular date and event. The Saturday, October 14, 2017 event to be from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. 3) One (1) North Hudson police officer and four (4) St. Croix County Deputies to be on duty during the hours of the event at the owner's expense, to be billed to the owner by the Village. 4) Owner to provide adequate satellite restroom facilities. 5) Wisconsin Street North, from 6th St. N. to 3rd St. N., to be closed to thru traffic from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm with an open corridor for emergency vehicles maintained (surrounding neighbors to be notified in advance by the Village). Actual times of detour route are at the discretion of the commanding NHPD officer on scene. 6) Payment for Village services must be paid within thirty (30) days after the event. Motion carried.
5. Remarks from Wekkin and Luedke.
6. Plan Commission did not meet.
7. a) Motion (Zappa/Leaf) to approve the October 2017 non-recurring claims of $20,036.08. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Leaf-yes, Zais-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Head-yes, Nelson-yes.
b) Motion (Zappa/Nelson) proposing that the City of Hudson use a 50/50 model of funding for St. Croix EMS for the 2018 budget and all future budgets; a 50/50 model would be 50% per capita and 50% five year run average for calls. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Nelson-yes, Head-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-Yes, Zappa-yes, Zais-yes, Leaf-yes.
8. a) Public Works update by Pike.
b) Motion (Pike/Zais) to approve the 2017-2018 Snow Removal Contract with Zappa Brothers for another year, to aid with snowplowing of Village streets on an as needed basis. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Nelson-yes, Head-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-Yes, Zappa-yes, Zais-yes, Leaf-yes.
c) Motion (Pike/Zais) to purchase new John Deere X734 riding lawn mower from Frontier Ag in New Richmond, WI with price not exceeding $10,500.00, using proceeds from the sale of the 1998 International plow truck. In addition, amend the 2017 budget to reflect this purchase. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Leaf-yes, Zais-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-Yes, Pike-yes, Head-yes, Nelson-yes.
d) Motion (Pike/Leaf) to approve having Cedar Corp provide surveying and design services for the State Hwy 35 sanitary sewer and water main improvements project, at a fee not to exceed $59,500.00, to be paid in 2018 and 2019. Motion carried.
9. Public Safety Committee did not meet.
10. a) Nelson stated that Public Welfare did meet and there was one (1) actionable item.
b) Motion (Nelson/Leaf) to approve the 2018 Animal Warden Services Contract. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Nelson-yes, Head-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-Yes, Zappa-yes, Zais-yes, Leaf-yes.
11. Park Board did not meet.
12. The board did not convene into closed session.
13. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 7:12 p.m.
Jessica Lehman, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
_____________________________________ (Pub. 12/07/17) WNAXLP