Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Invocation read by Wekkin. Answering the call were Trustees Head, Leaf, Nelson, Pike, Zais, and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Police Chief, Mark Richert; Interim Village Attorney, Paul Mahler; Public Works Director, Patrick Moos and Village Administrator/Clerk, Melissa Luedke.
2. Motion (Zappa/Leaf) to approve the Regular Board minutes of March 6, 2018. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Motion (Zappa/Pike) that the Class "B"/"Class B" Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Mallalieu Inn be temporarily amended for an event taking place Saturday, April 14, 2018 from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm, with the following conditions: 1) Possession of open containers of alcohol outside of the establishment shall remain within Mallalieu Inn parking lot and blocked off street area for event (Wisconsin St N from 3rd St N to 6th St N). 2) Use of outside area only with specific permission of Village Board for each particular date and event. The April 14, 2018 event to be from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. 3) Three (3) North Hudson police officers and three (3) St. Croix County Deputies to be on duty during the hours of the event at the owner's expense, to be billed to the owner by the Village. 4) Owner to provide adequate, satellite restroom facilities. 5) Wisconsin Street North, from 6th St. N. to 3rd St. N., to be closed to thru traffic from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm with an open corridor for emergency vehicles maintained (surrounding neighbors to be notified in advance by the Village). Actual times of detour route are at the discretion of the commanding NHPD officer on scene. 6) Payment for Village services must be paid within thirty (30) days after the event. Motion carried.
5. The re-org meeting was set for Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
6. Remarks from Wekkin and Luedke.
7. a) Plan Commission update by Wekkin.
b) Motion (Zappa/Leaf) to approve Application for a two lot extraterritorial CSM of Daniel and Janet Bauer located in the Town of St. Joseph, PIN 030-1025-30-000, applicant Doug Zahler, S & N Land Surveying, with the following conditions: 1) Comments from the Town of St. Joseph and the St. Croix County Planning and Zoning Department be addressed prior to signature of the final CSM. 2) Developer must provide for a Village of North Hudson certificate on the second pages of the CSM for the Village President and Village Administrator/ Clerk to sign. 3) Provide a copy of the final recorded CSM to the Village. Motion carried.
8. Motion (Zappa/Nelson) to approve the March 2018 non-recurring claims of $11,683.96. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Leaf-yes, Zais-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Head-yes, Nelson-yes.
9.a) Public Works by Pike.
b) Motion (Pike/Head) to have Tri-State Pump and Control to complete rehab of Cedar lift station with price not to exceed $35,000.00 with the funds coming from the 201 fund. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Nelson-yes, Head-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, Zais-yes, Leaf-yes.
c) Motion (Pike/Zais) to remove the new sidewalk from the eastside of the Highway 35 project. Motion withdrawn and tabled for the next meeting.
10. a) Public Safety update by Zappa.
b) Motion (Zappa/Leaf) to approve the authorization of traffic restriction on Webster St. N. from Lemon St. N. to Helen St. N. AND Helen St. N. from Webster St. N. to Monroe St. N. AND Monroe St. N. from Helen St. N. to Lemon St. N. for the North Hudson Elementary School Fun Run on Friday, May 11, 2018 from 2:45 pm to 3:30 pm with an alternate rain date of Thursday, May 17, 2018 from 2:45 pm to 3:30 pm. Motion carried.
11. Public Welfare did not meet.
12. Park Board update by Nelson.
13. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 7:22 p.m.
Jessica Lehman, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
_____________________________________ (Pub. 05/10/18) WNAXLP