PRELIMINARY RESOLUTION DECLARING INTENT TO EXERCISE SPECIAL ASSESSMENT POWERS UNDER SECTION 66.0703, WIS. STATS.
(2009 Eleventh Street Improvements Project)
BE IT RESOLVED, by the Common Council of the City of Hudson, Wisconsin:
1. The Common Council hereby declares its intention to exercise its power under Section 66.0703, Wis. Stats., to levy special assessments upon property within the following described area pursuant to the police power of the City, and upon such property by installation of the following improvements:
IMPROVEMENTS: Mill and overlay and curb and gutter replacement
DESCRIPTION OF BENEFITED PROPERTIES: All parcels adjacent to Eleventh Street from Coulee Road to Wisconsin Street
1. Parcels adjoining Eleventh Street from Coulee Road to Wisconsin Street
2. The total amount assessed in such district shall not exceed 100 percent (100%) of the costs of the improvements plus any direct and indirect cost thereof, the damages occasioned thereby, the reasonable charge for the services of the administrative staff of the City, and the cost of any engineering and legal service, and any other item of direct or indirect cost which may be reasonably attributable to the proposed work or improvements. The Common Council determines that such improvement and/or costs shall be made under the police power, and the amount assessed each parcel shall be based on benefits.
3. The assessments against each parcel shall be payable in cash or according to the following schedule, with deferred payments to bear interest at the rate of two percent (2%) above the costs of City-borrowed funds:
$500 or less. . . . . . . . . 1 year
$501 to $1,000. . . . . . . . 2 years
$1,001 or greater . . . . . . 3 years
Special assessments not paid when due shall be subject to interest and penalty charge imposed by St. Croix County in accordance with Sec. 74.47, Wis. Stats.
4. The city engineer is directed to prepare a report consisting of: (a) Preliminary plans and specifications for said improvements.
(b) Exact locations where said improvements are necessary.
(c) An estimate of the entire cost of the proposed improvements.
(d) Schedule of proposed assessments.
Upon completing such report, the city engineer is directed to file a copy thereof in the City Clerk's office for public inspection.
5. Upon receiving the report of the city engineer, the Clerk is directed to give a Class I notice of a public hearing on such report as specified in Sec. 66.0703(7), Wis. Stats. The hearing shall be held at the Council Chambers in the City Hall in the City of Hudson at a time set by the Clerk in accordance with Sec. 66.0703(7), Wis. Stats.
Dated this 6th day of July, 2009.
APPROVED: /s/ Dean R. Knudson, Mayor
ATTEST: /s/ Nancy J. Korson, City Clerk
(Pub. July 16)