Designer drug claims young man's life
Milwaukee County has recorded its first death from a designer drug called methoxetamine (meth-ux-et'-uh-meen) - Mexxy for short.
Douglas Peters, 23, was found dead May 6, after he passed out during a party at the home of a DJ in Milwaukee. The county medical examiner has just now attributed the death to Mexxy.
The drug comes in powder form that can be injected, swallowed, or snorted - and it's generally legal to buy-and-use since it's uncontrolled in the United States.