Weather Forecast


School district releases survey results; board chooses no new school option

Hudson firefighters respond to a microwave oven fire in an apartment at 637 13th St. S. Thursday afternoon. One firefighter described it as "pretty uneventful." (Hudson Star-Observer photo by Randy Hanson)

Fire department called to 13th Street S. apartment

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News River Falls,Wisconsin 54022
Hudson Star Observer
715-386-9891 customer support
Fire department called to 13th Street S. apartment
River Falls Wisconsin 2815 Prairie Drive / P.O. Box 25 54022

The Hudson Fire Department was called to an apartment at 637 13th St. S. shortly after 3 p.m. Thursday to put out what a firefighter on the scene described as "a little microwave fire."


"Pretty uneventful," he said.

Firefighters were preparing to leave the scene within 15 minutes or so after arriving.

According to emergency radio communications, residents of the apartment building had smelled smoke.

Randy Hanson
Randy Hanson has reported for the Star-Observer since 1997. He came to Hudson after 11 years with the Inter-County Leader at Frederic, and eight years of teaching social studies. He’s a graduate of UW-Eau Claire.
(715) 426-1066