Investigators believe Hasan acted alone in shooting rampage at Fort Hood
Federal investigators believe Nidal Hasan acted alone in last week's shooting rampage at Fort Hood, despite reported contacts with a Muslim radical.
And authorities say Hasan will be tried in a military court, where he could get the death penalty if he's charged and convicted of premeditated murder.
Hasan has arranged a team of civilian and military lawyers, while he remains hospitalized in guarded condition.
The Army has not named a lead prosecutor yet.
Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, was part of a Madison-based unit training to go to Afghanistan when he allegedly killed 13 people and wounded 29 others.
Two of the dead and four of the wounded were from Wisconsin.
House Intelligence Committee member Pete Hoekstra of Michigan said he understood that counter-terrorism officials picked up e-mails between Hasan and Muslim radical prayer leader Anwar al-Awlaki.
Al-Awlaki was freed from a jail in Yemen last year, and has reportedly used a Web site to encourage Muslims to kill U.S. troops in Iraq.
Officials in Washington said Hasan communicated up to 20 times with al-Awlaki, but the FBI never did a formal investigation.
Monday, FBI Director Robert Mueller ordered a review into his bureau's handling of the case, including its response to Hasan's reported contacts.
President Obama will be at a memorial service at Fort Hood today for the fallen soldiers.
And Army Pvt. Amber Bahr of Random Lake will meet with him. She helped treat another soldier during the attack without realizing she was shot herself.
Bahr told interviewers she's recovering at the fort, and she still plans to join her unit in Afghanistan in January.
She's the only Wisconsin casualty who's not a member of the Madison medical unit Hasan was in.