Only minor damage in small roof fire at Pier 500
A small, smoldering fire on the roof of the Pier 500 restaurant, 500 First St., Wednesday night forced the closure of Walnut Street between First and Second streets for more than 30 minutes.
The fire was in an area of the roof where work had been done during the day. The restaurant remained open during the fire-fighting effort. The call was made at 6:29 p.m.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at email@example.com and we can help you.