Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Owner: heater malfunction may have sparked elevator fire

Email

Lee Seim stood on Main Street in Baldwin watching firefighters spray water on the old grain elevator where much of the feed for his 150 dairy cows was stored.

"Not a good day," he said ruefully.

At about 4:15 p.m. Thursday, people at east end of the village's Main Street heard an explosion, and then saw flames coming from the office of the former Baldwin Feed & Seed building. Within minutes, the tall wooden structure, which Seim now owns, was engulfed in flames.

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness