TOWN OF ST JOSEPH
PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
WHEREAS, the Town Board wishes to establish a Public Safety Committee, and;
WHEREAS, a Public Safety Committee would be beneficial to advise the Town Board regarding all public safety matters of the Town;
NOW THEREFORE, LET IT BE RESOLVED by the Town Board of the Town of St. Joseph, meeting in regular session, that a Public Safety Committee be established and the Town Board is authorized to appoint up to five committee members, one of whom will be Town Board Member, one member each from the Town of St. Joseph Fire Department and the Emergency Medical Service and whom shall meet and make a formal report at least once every quarter, without compensation, regarding the public safety matters of the Town to the Town Board as follows:
(1) To identify and recommend potential maintenance or replacement needs for equipment by interfacing with the Fire Department and EMS Department.
(2) To identify future needs and recommend solutions as far out as possible due to the high cost of equipment acquisition/replacement.
(3) To recommend replacement or new sign requirements for Fire Bans or Fire Numbers.
(4) To plan for tornado siren warning systems within the Town.
(5) To plan and be the liaison with the Emergency Management Center.
(6) To plan and be a liaison with St Croix County Sheriffs office regarding issues of Public Safety.
(7) To work with Zoning Administrator/Building Inspector to resolve and make recommendations to the Board regarding nuisance and/or unsafe structures within the Town.
(8) To keep abreast of the latest trends by attending workshops pertaining to Public Safety.
(9) To interface with the residents through personal contact with regards to Public Safety complaints.
(10) To annually review and recommend to the Town Board changes and updates to the Town of St. Josephs Comprehensive Plan as pertains to Public Safety and as needs dictate.
I hereby certify that the foregoing resolution was duly adopted by the Town Board of the Town of St Joseph at a legal meeting held on the 27th day of June, 2013.
/s/ Daniel Gavin, Chairperson
ATTEST: /s/ Nicole Stewart, Town Clerk/Treasurer
______________________________ (Pub. 07/11/13) WNAXLP