Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Tuesday morning fire causes smoke damage to North Hudson duplex

The Hudson Fire Department was called to a house fire in North Hudson at about 12:45 am. Tuesday morning. Little damage was done, but the portion of the duplex at 518 8th St. No. was filled with smoke.

Hudson Fire Chief Jim Frye said the fire started near a clothes dryer in the basement. A resident was awakened and called 911. Frye said the fire was extinguished quickly, but the department was on the scene for just under two hours clearing smoke out of the structure. He said the department cleared the scene at about 2:30 a.m. Lower St. Croix Valley assisted by staging a truck at the Hudson Fire Station.

Advertisement
randomness