Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President George Klein called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees Head, O'Brien-Berglund, Standafer, Wekkin and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustee Ortner was absent. Also in attendance were the Village Attorney, Terry Dunst; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Village Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Village Clerk, Melissa Luedke.
2. Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to approve the March 5, 2013 Regular Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Klein noted that Chris Adams was unable to be present. Klein thanked Cedar Corporation for the Cedar Commentary that was received regarding local village and city utility and tax rates and stated the Village of North Hudson looks fantastic. Information will be posted in the lobby for the Village to view.
5. Motion (Wekkin/Zappa) that the Class "B"/"Class B" Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Mallalieu Inn be temporarily amended for a spring motorcycle event taking place April 13, 2013 with the following conditions: 1) Area outside of building to be completely enclosed with secure (not vinyl) fence accessed only from within the building. Use of alcohol shall remain within building or fenced-in area. 2) Use of outside area only with specific permission of Village Board for each particular date and event. The April 13, 2013 event to be from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. 3) Four (4) North Hudson police officers and three (3) St. Croix County Deputies to be on duty during the hours of the event at the owner's expense, to be billed to the owner by the Village. Having the additional officers on foot at the event will provide adequate visibility to deter unlawful activity. 4) Owner to provide adequate, satellite restroom facilities. 5) Wisconsin Street North, from 6th St. N to 3rd St. N., to be closed to thru traffic from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. with an open corridor for emergency vehicles maintained (surrounding neighbors to be notified in advance by the Village). Actual times of detour route are at the discretion of the commanding NHPD officer on scene. 6) Payment for Village services must be paid within thirty (30) days after the event. Motion carried.
6. Remarks from Klein, Troester and Luedke.
7. a. No Plan Commission update.
b. Motion (Zappa/O'Brien) to approve the application for a two lot extraterritorial CSM of Ernie Betker located in the Town of St. Joseph, PIN 030-1021-11-000, applicant Doug Zahler, S & N Land Surveying, with the following conditions: 1) Comments from the Town of St. Joseph and the St. Croix County Planning and Zoning Department be addressed prior to signature of the final CSM. 2) Developer must provide the Village of North Hudson a copy of recorded CSM with certificate on the second page of the CSM for the Village President and Village Administrator to sign once the final CSM is approved. Motion carried.
8. Motion (Head/Zappa) to approve the March 2013 non-recurring claims totaling $26,829.54. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
9. No Public Works update.
10. a. Public Safety update by Zappa.
b. Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to approve to sell "as is" the equipped 2007 Ford Police Interceptor to the Village of Hustisford Police Department for the bid amount of $12,000.00 and place that revenue into a designated account for the purchase of a new squad in the future. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
11. No Public Welfare update.
12. No Park Board update.
13. Motion (Klein/Zappa) to convene into closed session per §19.85(1)(c) to consider employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility, regarding health insurance reimbursement and furthermore wage review. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. 14. Motion (Klein/Head) to convene into closed session per §19.85(1)(g) to confer with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved, with respect to 712 Pine Street N. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Board of Trustees convened into closed session at 6:45 p.m.
15. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) to re-convene into open session at 7:59 p.m. Motion carried.
16. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) to disallow the request for the monthly reimbursement of excess/supplemental health and vision insurance for Sergeant Mark Volz that is offered through his spouse's employer. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to approve increasing the salary of the Village Administrator by $5,000.00 per year effective 6/1/13. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
Motion (Head/Standafer) to approve legal counsel to gather the proper information to proceed with the potential raze order for the property located at 712 Pine St N Hudson, WI. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
17. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 8:02 p.m.
Melissa Luedke, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
___________________________________ (Pub. 05/16/13) WNAXLP