Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Invocation read by Wekkin. Answering the call were Trustees Head, Klein, OBrien-Berglund, Rode, Standafer and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Village Attorney, Terry Dunst; Village Engineer, Kevin Oium; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Village Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Village Clerk, Melissa Luedke.
2. Motion (OBrien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve the February 4, 2014 meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Proclamation in Recognition of Wallace G. Wally Gregerson.
5. Fire Department Update.
6. Motion (OBrien-Berglund/Klein) to approve the application for conveyance of land between the adjoining properties of Michael & Sandra Miser at 710 Michaelson St N. and Lynn & Willa Gunderson at 553 8th St N. Motion carried.
7. The April Finance meeting will be at 6:00 p.m. and the Village Board meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 25th, 2014. The Re-Org meeting date will be April 15, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
8. Remarks from Wekkin, Troester and Luedke.
9. Plan Commission did not meet.
10. a. Motion (Zappa/Standafer) to approve the December 2013 non-recurring claims of $1,727.40 and February 2014 non-recurring claims of $100,024.45, for claims totaling $101,751.85. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Klein-yes, OBrien-Berglund-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Standafer-yes, Head-yes, Rode-yes.
b. Motion (OBrien-Berglund/Rode) to approve the Staff Annual Performance Appraisal form. Motion carried.
11. Public Works update from Standafer.
12. a. Public Safety update from Zappa.
b. Motion (Zappa/Klein) to authorize the purchase and installation of window film by Sun Control of Minnesota to increase temperature control efficiency and Village Hall security in an amount not to exceed $2,500.00. Motion (Standafer/Head) to postpone this item to the next Village Board meeting on March 25, 2014 for further discussion. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Rode-yes, Head-yes, Standafer -yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, OBrien-Berglund-yes, Klein-yes.
13. Public Welfare did not meet.
14. a. Park Board update from O\'Brien-Berglund.
b. Motion (OBrien-Berglund/Standafer) to approve the revised Outdoor Recreation Plan for 2014-2019. Motion carried.
c. OBrien-Berglund stated she will address this at the March 25, 2014 meeting.
d. Motion (OBrien-Berglund/Head) to approve the transfer of $8,033 from the Park Development Fund savings account to cover the purchase of Challenger park equipment for Ferry Landing Park. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Klein-yes, OBrien-Berglund-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Standafer-yes, Head-yes, Rode-yes.
15. The Board did not convene into closed session.
16. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 7:59 p.m.
Melissa Luedke, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
___________________________________ (Pub. 06/19/14) WNAXLP