Village of North Hudson
Annual Re-Organization Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 @ 5:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees O'Brien-Berglund, Rode, Standafer and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustee Head was absent. Also in attendance were the Police Chief, Mark Richert; George Klein; Village Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Village Clerk, Melissa Luedke.
2. Luedke administered the Official Oath of Office to President Wekkin and Trustees O'Brien-Berglund, Rode and Zappa.
3. Motion (Wekkin/Zappa) to approve George Klein to fill the Trustee position. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) that nominations be closed and the Board cast unanimous ballot for George Klein. Luedke administered Official Oath of Office to Trustee Klein.
4. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) to approve the standing committee assignments as indicated on the Directory of Elected and Appointed Officials. Motion carried.
5. Motion (Zappa/Klein) to approve the committee assignments recommendation as indicated for Officials, Boards, Commissions, and Representatives to other bodies as listed on the attached 2013-2014 Directory of Elected and Appointed Officials. Motion (Standafer/ O'Brien-Berglund) to amend the motion by removing the portion on page 4 of the directory, including and all the language following, the heading Representatives to Other Bodies and postponing action on the inclusive other bodies section until the next regular meeting of the Village Board of Trustees to allow the Village President to consider possible alternatives. Motion to amend denied on a roll call vote of 4-2. Motion to approve appointed officials as they stand passed on a roll call vote of 5-1.
6. The Board of Review Committee approved as part of the Appointed Officials, Committees, Boards, Commissions, and Representatives to other bodies. Luedke noted that there is a tentative Board of Review meeting on Tuesday June 11th, 2013 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM and the Open Book is tentatively scheduled for Friday May 31st, 2013 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
7. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) to adopt Resolution 2013-03, a resolution designating depositories for the Village of North Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
8. Motion (Zappa/Standafer) to adopt Resolution 2013-04, specifying the line of succession for proclaiming an emergency or disaster in the Village of North Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
9. Remarks from Wekkin, Troester and Luedke.
10. Motion (Zappa/Klein) to adjourn. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 5:40 p.m.
Melissa Luedke, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
___________________________________ (Pub. 05/23/13) WNAXLP