Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees Head, Klein, O'Brien-Berglund, Rode and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustee Standafer was absent. Also in attendance were the Village Attorney, Terry Dunst; Public Works Director, Mark Ekblad; Village Engineer, Kevin Oium; Village Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Village Clerk, Melissa Luedke.
2. Motion (Wekkin/Rode) to open the Village Board meetings with a prayer. Motion carried.
3. Motion (Klein/Head) to approve the March 26, 2013 Regular Board and April 16, 2013 meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
4. No comments from the floor.
5. Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to appoint George Klein to fill Village Trustee position vacated by Wekkin. Motion carried.
6. Motion (Wekkin/O'Brien-Berglund) to proclaim May 5-11, 2013 as Municipal Clerks Week. Motion carried.
7. Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to authorize traffic restriction on Webster St. N. from Lemon St. N to Helen St. N. AND Helen St. N. from Webster St. N. to Monroe St. N AND Monroe St N. from Helen St. N to Lemon St. N for the North Hudson Elementary School Fun Run on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm with an alternate rain date of Wednesday, June 5, 2013 from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm. Motion carried.
8. Motion (Zappa/Klein) to approve resolution 2013-05 approving an all hazard mitigation plan. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Rode-yes, Head-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Klein-yes.
9. Motion (Zappa/Klein) to approve preliminary resolution 2013-06 declaring intent to levy special assessments under police powers pursuant to Sec. 66.0703, Wis. Stats., for street reconstruction along the access road into the Shop yards area starting at the 4th street N. and Monroe Street N intersection then continuing in a northwesterly direction for distance of approximately 1,250 feet to the termini.
Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Klein-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Head-yes, Rode-yes.
10. Motion (Zappa/Head) to amend Chapter 2, Administration, Article III-Boards, Commissions and Committees, Division 2, Board of Review, Section 2-121, Membership; Terms. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Rode-yes, Head-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Klein-yes.
11. Remarks from Wekkin, Troester and Luedke.
12. No Plan Commission update.
13. a. Motion (Zappa/Rode) to approve the April 2013 non-recurring claims totaling $35,861.88. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Klein-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Head-yes, Rode-yes.
b. Motion (Wekkin/Zappa) to approve the Deputy Treasurer Job description. Motion carried.
c. Director of Public Works job description: This matter has been tabled for a future hearing for description to be finalized.
d. 2013 Working budget, update: Troester stated that the 2013 audit was completed in 2 days and the Village is in good health with a $77,000 surplus. Next month there will be a recommendation to put money aside to purchase a new public works vehicle and a skid loader. Troester thanked Ekblad for his work on the 215 storm water utility fund. It had been running at a deficit of $31,000 and is now down to negative $17,000. Wekkin thanked the departments.
14. a. Public Works update by Ekblad.
b. Motion (Zappa/Klein) to approve for Mike McPhillips, Inc. to provide street sweeping services for the Village of North Hudson at a rate of $86.00 per hour. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Klein-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Head-yes, Rode-yes.
c. Motion (Head/Zappa) to approve to exchange the Village of North Hudson's 2011 New Holland L225 Skid Loader for a new 2013 New Holland L223 Skid Loader from Value Implement at a cost not to exceed $3,800.00. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Rode-yes, Head-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, O'Brien-Berglund, Klein-yes.
15. No Public Safety update.
16. No Public Welfare update.
17. a. Park Board update by O'Brien-Berglund.
b. Motion (O'Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve to purchase "Kow-A-Bungalow" play set from BYO Recreation for a total estimated amount of $9,651.44. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Klein-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Head-yes, Rode-yes.
18. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to adjourn. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 7:44 p.m.
Melissa Luedke, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
___________________________________ (Pub. 06/13/13) WNAXLP