Flaming toaster oven brings firefighters to North Hudson schoolThe Hudson Fire Department was dispatched to North Hudson Elementary School at noon Wednesday when a toaster oven in the school kitchen caught fire.
By: Randy Hanson, Hudson Star-Observer
The Hudson Fire Department was dispatched to North Hudson Elementary School at noon Wednesday when a toaster oven in the school kitchen caught fire.
According to Assistant Fire Chief Jeff Drabruzzi, school maintenance man Jeff Busby had already put out the flames with a fire extinguisher by the time fire engines rolled up to the school on Lemon Street North.
The students and teachers were already out of the building, too. They were able to return inside in a matter of minutes.
Drabruzzi said the brief fire didn’t create enough smoke to require the department to ventilate the building.
A 6 a.m. Wednesday, the fire department responded to a report of smoke inside the Croix View Apartments building, 1015 Second St. No fire was found. It is believed that the smoke came from burned toast inside an apartment.