CITY OF HUDSON: RESOLUTION NO. 7-08PRELIMINARY RESOLUTION DECLARING INTENT TO EXERCISE SPECIAL ASSESSMENT POWERS UNDER SECTION 66.60, WIS. STATS. (2008 SIDEWALK, CURB & GUTTER REPLACEMENT PROGRAM)
PRELIMINARY RESOLUTION DECLARING INTENT TO EXERCISE SPECIAL ASSESSMENT POWERS UNDER SECTION 66.60, WIS. STATS. (2008 SIDEWALK, CURB & GUTTER REPLACEMENT PROGRAM)
BE IT RESOLVED, by the Common Council of the City of Hudson, Wisconsin:
1. The Common Council hereby declares its intention to exercise its power under Section 66.0703, Wis. Stats. to levy special assessments upon property within the following described area, pursuant to the police power of the City, and upon such property by installation of the following improvements:
IMPROVEMENTS: Installation of concrete sidewalk, curb and gutter, and pedestrian ramps.
Sidewalk replacement for portions of:
6th Street - Oak to Locust
7th Street - Wisconsin to River
8th Street - St Croix to Vine
9th Street - Vine to St Croix
10th Street - Pitt to Fox
Fox Street - 9th – 10th
Elm Street - 1st to 5th
Locust Street - 2nd to 6th
Walnut Street - 1st to 2nd
Vine Street - 2nd to Wisconsin
Curb and gutter replacement for portions of:
11th Street S. - Wisconsin to Coulee
10th Street - Vine to Cole
Myrtle Street - 2nd to 3rd
2nd Street - Elm
2nd Street to Elm Street (2)
Emerald Bend (1)
Myrtle Street (4)
DESCRIPTION OF BENEFITED PROPERTIES:
Portions of properties on either side of the sections of streets as described above.
2. The total amount assessed in such district shall not exceed 100 percent (100%) of the costs of the improvements plus any direct and indirect cost thereof, the damages occasioned thereby, the reasonable charge for the services of the administrative staff of the City, and the cost of any architectural, engineering and legal service, and any other item of direct or indirect cost which may be reasonably attributable to the proposed work or improvement. The Common Council determines that such improvement and/or costs shall be made under the police power, and the amount assessed each parcel shall be based on benefits.
3. The assessments against each parcel shall be payable in cash or according to the following schedule, with deferred payments to bear interest at the rate of two percent (2%) above the costs of City- borrowed funds:
$500 or less . . . . . . . . . 1 year
$501 to $1,000 . . . . . . . . 2 years
$1,001 or greater . . . . . . 3 years
Special assessments not paid when due shall be subject to interest and penalty charges imposed by St. Croix County, in accordance with Sec. 74.47, Wis. Stats.
4. The Public Works Department is directed to prepare a report consisting of:
a. Preliminary Plans and specifications for said improvements.
b. Exact locations where said improvements are necessary.
c. An estimate of the entire cost of proposed improvements.
d. Schedule of proposed assessments.
Upon completing such report, the Public Works Department is directed to file a copy thereof in the City Clerk's office for public inspection.
5. Upon receiving the report of the Public Works Department, the Clerk is directed to give a Class I notice of a Public Hearing on such report as specified in Sec. 66.0703(7), Wis. Stats. The hearing shall be held at the Council Chambers of City Hall in the City of Hudson at a time set by the Clerk in accordance with Sec. 66.0703(7), Wis. Stats.
Dated at Hudson, Wisconsin this 19th day of May, 2008.
/s/ Dean R. Knudson, Mayor
/s/Nancy J. Korson, City Clerk
(Pub. May 29)