CITY OF HUDSON: ORDINANCE NO. 4-08AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE MUNICIPAL CODE OF THE CITY OF HUDSON, WISCONSIN (Boardinghouses)
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE MUNICIPAL CODE OF THE CITY OF HUDSON, WISCONSIN
Pursuant to its authority under Wisconsin Statutes, the Common Council of the City of Hudson hereby ordains that § 255-41. Dwelling units in commercial and industrial districts, be amended as follows:
G. Boardinghouses, as defined in § 255-4. Definitions, administered by non-profit organizations may be permitted only by conditional use permit in the I-1, Light Industrial District and the I-2, General Industrial District. The purpose of this provision is to allow boardinghouses to be established by non-profit organizations within the city’s industrial districts by allowing reuse of existing structures which due to location will be suitable locations for temporary residency. The permit shall be discretionary based on a finding that reuse of the property will not have a negative impact on the surrounding neighborhood. Criteria for review shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Number of residents of the facility.
(2) Surrounding industrial uses.
(3) Land uses of the surrounding properties.
(4) Private covenants proposed by the property owner/non-profit agency.
(5) Availability of off-street parking.
The Common Council, as part of the approval process, may place any or all of the following conditions on the subject property:
(1) Exterior lighting or signage may be limited.
(2) Expansion of the existing building may be limited.
(3) The number of residents may be limited.
(4) Architectural plans for all improvements may be required.
(5) Other such conditions deemed appropriate to ensure that such reuse fulfills the purpose of this provision.
and 255 Attachment 1, Table of Permitted Uses (Part 2) be amended to provide for boardinghouses, non-profit designated as a C – Conditional use requiring public hearing for the I-1, Light Industrial District and the I-2, General Industrial District.
This ordinance shall take effect upon passage and publication as provided by law.
Adopted this 2nd day of June, 2008.
CITY OF HUDSON:
By: Dean R. Knudson, Mayor
ATTEST: Nancy Korson, City Clerk
(Pub. June 12)