CITY OF HUDSON: RESOLUTION NO. 10-08FINAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING 2008 SIDEWALK, CURB & GUTTER REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
FINAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING 2008 SIDEWALK, CURB & GUTTER REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
WHEREAS, the Common Council of the City of Hudson, Wisconsin held a duly noticed public hearing at City Hall at 6:55 p.m. on the 18th day of August, 2008, for the purposes of hearing all interested persons concerning the Preliminary Resolution and the report on the proposed 2008 Sidewalk, Curb and Gutter Replacement Program; and
WHEREAS, the Common Council heard all persons who desired to speak concerning this project at the Public Hearing;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Common Council of the City of Hudson as follows:
1. The report of the Public Works Department pertaining to the 2008 Sidewalk, Curb and Gutter Replacement Program as described therein and the plans therefore, is hereby adopted and approved;
2. That the Public Works Department shall advertise for bids and carry out the improvements in accordance with the report, plans and specifications of the Public Works Department.
3. That the payment for said improvements shall be made by assessments against the property benefited, as indicated in the Public Works Department’s report;
4. That the properties shown on the report’s assessment roll are benefited by the improvements described in the report;
5. That all of the assessments shown in the report, representing an exercise of the City’s police power, have been determined on a reasonable basis and are hereby confirmed:
6. That the assessment for all projects included in the report are hereby combined as a single assessment, but that any interested property owner may object to any such assessment for any single purpose or for more than one purpose;
7. That the assessments may be paid in cash by November 15, 2008, or in installments according to the following schedule, with deferred payments to bear interest at the rate of two percent (2%) above the costs of City-borrowed funds:
$500 or less . . . . . . . . . 1 year
$501 to $1,000 . . . . . . 2 years
$1,001 or greater . . . .3 years
8. The City Clerk shall publish this Resolution as a Class I Notice in the assessment district and shall mail a copy of this Resolution and a statement of the final assessment against the benefited property to every property owner whose name appears on the assessment roll whose post office address is known, or can, with reasonable diligence, be ascertained.
Dated at Hudson, Wisconsin this 18th day of August, 2008.
APPROVED: Dean R. Knudson, Mayor
ATTEST: Nancy J. Korson, City Clerk
(Pub. Aug. 28)