NOTICE OF INTENT TO APPOINTWISCONSIN INDIANHEAD TECHNICAL COLLEGE (WITC)
DISTRICT BOARD MEMBERS Notice is hereby given that applications for three (3) positions on the Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (WITC) District Board are being accepted from individuals residing in the WITC District, which includes Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Polk, Rusk, Sawyer, and Washburn Counties; and portions of Iron and St. Croix Counties.
Notice is hereby given that applications for three (3) positions on the Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (WITC) District Board are being accepted from individuals residing in the WITC District, which includes Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Polk, Rusk, Sawyer, and Washburn Counties; and portions of Iron and St. Croix Counties.
Appointments will be made in accordance with the Appointment Committee’s Plan of Representation, which specifies categories of membership as well as geographic areas of representation within the district. Following is the list of open positions:
WITC District Board Member Open Positions
The following three board positions will commence on or about July 1, 2010, upon certification of the Wisconsin Technical College System Board. The positions carry three-year terms expiring June 30, 2013.
1) Employee Member: Representing Region 5 – Barron County
2) Employer Member: Representing Region 3 – Rusk, Sawyer, and Washburn Counties
3) Additional Member: Representing the WITC District
Board Member Category Definitions
1) An Employee Member is defined as someone who does not meet the Employer Member definition, or who is acting in the capacity of an officer or agent of a labor organization. An employee receives earnings as payment for personal services and is employed in the district, but does not have the final authority to hire and fire.
2) An Employer Member is defined as someone who receives earnings as payment for personal services and who has the authority to exercise independent judgment in determining, or effectively recommending, any of the following actions for business employees: hire, transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, discipline, and adjust grievances. Note: Representatives of labor organizations (officers or agents) are considered employee members regardless of their responsibilities.
3) An Additional Member is defined as any adult who is a district resident.
In the appointment process, equal consideration is given to the general population distribution within the WITC District, as well as to the distribution of women and minorities.
Note: No two members of the WITC District Board may be officials of the same governmental unit, nor may any district board member be a member of the school board which employs the School District Administrator.
Notarized application forms must be received no later than 4 p.m., on Tuesday, March 9, 2010. Applicants must attend the public hearing of the District Board Appointment Committee on Wednesday, April 14, at 10 a.m., at the WITC – Administrative Office, 505 Pine Ridge Drive, Shell Lake, WI 54871, and provide at least two letters of recommendation supporting his/her candidacy to the WITC District Board before being interviewed at the scheduled public meeting. No additional names will be accepted from the floor at the time of the Appointment Committee meeting.
Notarized applications should be sent to:
Mr. Roger Rebholz, Chairperson
District Board Appointment Committee
WITC - Administrative Office
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake, WI 54871
Application forms and instructions may be obtained on the WITC Web address below, or by contacting:
Ms. Kim Olson, Board Appointment Committee Liaison
WITC Administrative Office
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake, WI 54871
Telephone: (715) 468-2815, ext. 2279
The Web address for application information and instructions to help you determine if you qualify for a board member category is: www.witc.edu/board/appointments.
A second legal notice announcing the public hearing and committee meeting and all applicant names will be published at the end of March 2010. (Pub. 2/25/10) WNAXLP