Alano house damaged by fireFire did an estimated $60,000 worth of damage to the Hudson Alano Society at 322 Vine St. early Friday morning.
By: Meg Heaton, Hudson Star-Observer
Fire did an estimated $60,000 worth of damage to the Hudson Alano Society at 322 Vine St. early Friday morning.
According to Assistant Fire Chief Jeff Dabruzzi, the fire began on the second floor of the house and spread to the attic. The cause of the fire appears to be electrical but the investigation is not yet complete. There is smoke and water damage throughout the property.
The Hudson Fire Department was called to the scene around 1:40 a.m. A caretaker who lives on the property smelled a burning odor and then heard a smoke alarm on the second floor and called 911. Dabruzzi said there were approximately 40 firefighters involved. The scene was cleared about 6 a.m. Assisting the HFD were departments from St. Joseph and Lower St. Croix Valley. The Roberts Fire Department was on standby for Hudson. No one was injured as a result of the fire.
A society board member said that Faith Community Church, the Holiday Inn Express and several private citizens have volunteered space to provide temporary locations for all of the group’s 20 regularly scheduled meetings.
The society expects to have information on a more permanent temporary location by next week. For more information call (715) 386-2932. Meeting times and locations are also posted on the main entrance at 322 Vine St.