Thursday night fire damages homeA fire late Thursday night did damage to a home at 180 Starrwood in the town of Hudson, just outside of North Hudson.
By: Doug Stohlberg, Hudson Star-Observer
A fire late Thursday night did damage to a home at 180 Starrwood in the town of Hudson, just outside of North Hudson.
The Hudson Fire Department was called at 11:19 p.m. and was assisted by the town of St. Joseph Fire Department.
Hudson Fire Chief Jim Frye said the fire started near a fireplace and did damage to the floor between the basement and first level of the structure.
“The fire was under control fairly quickly, but we were on the scene until close to 2 a.m.,” Frye said. "We had to be sure the fire was totally out."
The home is owned by David and Carol Cumming.
The fire departments were also assisted by the St. Croix County Sheriff’s Department and St. Croix EMS.