VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 11/1/11 Board Meeting Minutes(Pub. January 19, 2012)
(Pub. January 19, 2012)
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, November 1, 2011 - 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Klein called the meeting to order at 7:06 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees O’Brien-Berglund, Ortner, Standafer, Thomas, Wekkin and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were Attorney, Terry Dunst; Patrick Beilfuss, Cedar Corp.; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Administrator, Gloria Troester and Clerk, Becky Milbrandt.
2. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the October 4, 2011 Regular Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Motion (Zappa/Standafer) to adopt Ordinance 03-2011 amending Chapter 86, Subdivisions, of the municipal code of the Village of North Hudson. Motion carried.
5. Prohibition of concealed carry in the Village Hall was referred to the Public Safety Committee for further review.
6. Comments by Klein and Milbrandt.
7. Plan Commission update by Milbrandt.
8. a. Motion (Zappa/Standafer) to approve the October 2011 non-recurring claims totaling $42,955.79. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
b. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) to amend the fee schedule by changing $35,000 per acre to $25,000 per acre. Motion carried. Motion (Standafer/ Thomas) to approve Resolution 2011-15 amending the Fee Schedule for the Village of North Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
c. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve Resolution 2011-16 designating depositories for the Village of North Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
d. No action by the Board on an Employee Policy regarding concealed carry.
e. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) to approve Resolution 2011-17, a resolution to comply with GASB 54. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
f. Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to approve the publication of the proposed 2012 Village Budget prior to the public hearing. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
9. a. Public Works update by Standafer.
b. Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to approve the request for a second driveway opening at 719 Monroe St. N. Motion carried.
c. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) to approve the PASER rating project with Cedar Corp. at a cost not to exceed $750.00. Motion carried on a roll call vote of 7-0.
10. No Public Safety update.
11. a. No Public Welfare update.
b. Motion (Zappa/Ortner) to begin the inspection process at 712 Pine Street N. and approve the expenditure of $2,000.00 on legal fees to avoid further delays.
12. Park Board update by O’Brien-Berglund.
13. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to adjourn. Motion carried. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 8:23 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village's website: