VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 11/29/11 Special Meeting Minutes(Pub. January 19, 2012)
(Pub. January 19, 2012)
Village of North Hudson
Special Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 5:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Klein called the meeting to order at 5:02 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees O’Brien-Berglund, Ortner, Standafer, Wekkin and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustee Thomas was absent. Also in attendance were Police Chief, Mark Richert; Administrator, Gloria Troester and Clerk, Becky Milbrandt.
2. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) not to allow Trustee Thomas to participate in the meeting by telephone. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 5-1. Zappa-no.
3. Motion (Standafer/O’Brien-Berglund) to open the public hearing on the proposed 2012 Budget. Motion carried.
4. Presentation of the Proposed 2012 Budget by Troester.
5. Because there were no members of the public in attendance, no comments were heard.
6. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to close the public hearing. Motion carried.
7. Discussion of the 2012 Proposed Village Budget.
8. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve Resolution 2011-18, a resolution adopting the 2012 Annual Budget and establishing the property tax levy for the Village of North Hudson. Motion failed on a roll call vote of 3-3. Klein-yes, O’Brien-Berglund-yes, Ortner-no, Standafer-no, Wekkin-no, Zappa-yes.
9. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to convene into closed session per §19.85(1)(c) to consider employment, promotion, and discuss employee wages. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
10. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) to re-convene into open session. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to reconsider the previous motion adopting the annual budget and establishing the levy limit. Motion carried. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Ortner) that the staff receives a 1.5% increase in wages. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 5-1. Standafer-no. Motion (Klein/O’Brien-Berglund) to adopt Resolution 2011-18, adopting the 2012 Budget and establishing the tax levy in the amount of $1,434,280.00. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 4-2. Standafer-no, Wekkin-no.
11. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 7:05 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village's website: