VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 12/6/11 Board Meeting Minutes(Pub. January 19, 2012)
(Pub. January 19, 2012)
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, December 6, 2011 - 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Klein called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees O’Brien-Berglund, Ortner, Standafer, Thomas, Wekkin and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were Attorney, Terry Dunst; Engineer, Kevin Oium; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Administrator, Gloria Troester; Deputy Treasurer, Cheryl Schmidt; and Clerk, Becky Milbrandt.
2. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) to approve the 11/1/11 Regular Board meeting minutes as amended. Motion carried.
3. Comments regarding the Centennial cookbook by Mary Wekkin.
4. Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to approve the 2012 Mobile Home Trailer Park Permit for Pamela Zappa. Motion carried.
5. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien Berglund) to appoint the following Democratic Election Inspectors: Karen Crawley, Peggy Rogers, John Borup, Mary Ann Hanley, Deb Monicken, Jean Schneider, Margaret Wopat, Karen Novotny, Howard Novotny, Bonnie Brunner, and alternates Mary Kay Hunt, Colleen O’Connell, and Cathy Leaf for the term of 1/1/12 to 12/31/13. Motion carried. Motion (Wekkin/Thomas) to appoint the following Republican Election Inspectors: Kathy Long, Betty Goodwin, Cecelia Phillips, Robert White, Nancy Walz, Sandra Whalen, Carol Worrell, George Boldizsar, Meredith Berg, Jolayne Mehr, Margaret Webb, Joyce Law, Cheryl Anderson, and alternate Charlotte Lee for the term of 1/1/12 to 12/31/13. Motion carried.
6. Motion (Zappa/Thomas) to continue the licensing and impounding of cats with the addition of issuing tags beginning in 2012. Motion carried.
7. Remarks by Klein, Troester, and Milbrandt.
8. a. Plan Commission update by Mary Wekkin.
b. Motion (Ortner/O’Brien-Berglund) to table the conditional use permit application for Bright Solutions until the next Village Board meeting and call a special Plan Commission meeting to define warehousing. Motion carried.
9. a. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the December 2011 non-recurring claims totaling $29,745.17. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
b. Motion (Wekkin/Ortner) to approve the comp time and vacation carryover amounts as listed on the issue statement and for the Finance Committee to review the comp time policy. Motion carried.
c. 2012 Contracts:
1. Motion (Wekkin/Zappa) to approve the Fire Protection Contract with the City of Hudson for 2012-2016. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
2. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to approve the 2012 Emergency Medical and Ambulance Service Contract with the City of Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
3. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the Independent Contractor Agreement between the Building Inspector and Zoning Administrator and the Village of North Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
4. No action on the library contract.5. Motion (Ortner/Zappa) to accept the contract from Animal Humane Society and pursue options with the New Richmond kennel. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
d. Motion (Wekkin/Thomas) to adopt Resolution 2011-19, a resolution to renew the health and dental plan for eligible Village employees. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
10. a. No Public Works update.
b. Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to approve the November 2011 revisions to the Village PASER map. Motion carried.
11. No Public Safety update.
12. No Public Welfare update.
13. a. No Park Board update.
b. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Thomas) to approve the purchase of choice #1, Playworld Systems Challengers Playstructure for Ferry Landing Park from Lee Recreation LLC at a cost not to exceed $6,311.00. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
14. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to adjourn. Motion carried. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 9:05 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village's website: