VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 1/3/12 Board Minutes(Pub. February 16, 2012)
(Pub. February 16, 2012)
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, January 3, 2012 - 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Klein called the meeting to order at 7:07 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees O’Brien-Berglund, Ortner, Standafer, Thomas, Wekkin and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were Attorney, Terry Dunst; Engineer, Kevin Oium; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Village Clerk, Becky Milbrandt.
2. Motion (Thomas/Standafer) to approve the December 6, 2011 Regular Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve the November 29, 2011 Special Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to adopt Ordinance 01-2012 amending Chapter 10, Animals, of the municipal code of the Village of North Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
5. Motion (Zappa/Thomas) to adopt Ordinance 02-2012 amending Chapter 2, Administration, of the municipal code of the Village of North Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
6. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) that the Class “B”/“Class B” Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Kozy Korner be temporarily amended for an event taking place on Saturday, January 28, 2012 between the hours of 12:30 pm and 5:00 pm with the following conditions: 1. Area outside of building to be completely enclosed with fence and the extended premises accessed only from an opening near the front door; 2. Use of alcohol shall remain within building or fenced-in area per the establishment’s liquor license; 3. Use of outside area only with specific permission of the Village Board for requested date and time; 4. Owner to provide an equal amount of adjacent substitute off-street parking while parking lot area is fenced during time of event; 5. Owner to be responsible for DJ/music volume. Motion carried.
7. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Ortner) to post signs to meet requirements banning weapons in the Village Hall and other Village owned buildings. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 4-3. Standafer, Wekkin & Zappa-no.
8. Remarks by Klein and Milbrandt.
9. a. Update by Mike Miser.
b. Clarification on the Definition of Warehousing by Miser.
c. Motion (Zappa/Ortner) to reject the original recommended for denial by the Plan Commission, to accept the new definition of warehousing, and to send the application back of the Plan Commission for further consideration. Motion carried.
10. a. Motion (Thomas/Standafer) to approve the December 2011 non- recurring claims totaling $41,285.48. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
b. Motion (Zappa/Standafer) to approve Resolution 2012-01 amending the Fee Schedule for the Village of North Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0.
c. Motion (Zappa/Standafer) to approve the service rates for 2012. Motion carried.
d. No action taken on the staff vacation & compensation time policy.
11. No Public Works update.
12. a. No Public Safety update.
b. Motion (Thomas/Zappa) that the possession of weapons by employees of the Village of North Hudson, except those authorized by the Police Chief, is strictly prohibited whenever the employee is on duty 1) Except as authorized by the Police Chief, Village employees are prohibited from possessing weapons in all Village buildings and all Village vehicles. 2) This section does not apply to the lawful possession of a weapon in an employee’s personally owned vehicles when that vehicle is used for Village business. Employees will not remove such weapons from their personally owned vehicles in the course of their employment. Motion carried.
13. No Public Welfare update.
14. No Park Board update.
15. Motion (Zappa/Klein) to adjourn. Motion carried. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 8:13 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village's website: