VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 2/7/12 Board Meeting Minutes(Pub. March 15, 2012)
(Pub. March 15, 2012)
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, February 7, 2012 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President George Klein called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees O’Brien-Berglund, Ortner, Thomas, and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustees Standafer and Wekkin were absent. Also in attendance were the Attorney, Terry Dunst; Engineer, Kevin Oium; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Public Works Supervisor, Mark Ekblad; Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Clerk, Becky Milbrandt.
2. Motion (Thomas/Zappa) to approve the 1/3/12 Regular Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the 1/5/12 Special Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to adopt Ordinance 03-2012 amending Section 70-6(a) of the Village of North Hudson Municipal Code to read “No person shall make or assist in making any noise tending to unreasonably disturb the peace and quiet of persons in the vicinity thereof unless the making and continuing of the same cannot be prevented and is necessary for the protection or preservation of property or the health, safety, life or limb of some person.” Motion passed on a roll call vote 5-0.
5. Motion (Thomas/Zappa) to remove Peggy Rogers as an Election Inspector for the Democrat Party and appoint her as an Election Inspector for the Republican Party for the 1/1/12 to 12/31/13 term. Motion carried.
6. Motion (Thomas/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve Scott Nelson as the registered agent for Zanor Inc. dba Kozy Korner located at 708-6th St. N. Motion carried.
7. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve Secondhand Jewelry and Secondhand Article Dealer Licenses for Lisa Conway of Midwest Gold Gal effective until 12/31/12. Motion carried.
8. Remarks by Klein, Troester and Milbrandt.
9. No Plan Commission update.
10. a. Motion (Thomas/Zappa) to approve the January 2012 non-recurring claims totaling $56,526.85. Motion passed on a roll call vote 5-0.
Motion (Thomas/Zappa) to approve the December 2011 non-recurring claims totaling $16,029.76 received in January 2012. Motion passed on a roll call vote 5-0.
b. Motion (Zappa/Ortner) to give the Village President the authority to move forward on a Memorandum of Understanding letter. Motion carried.
11. a. No Public Works update.
b. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to have Scott Freer Electric install the six occupancy sensors at the Village Hall at a cost not to exceed $900.00. Motion passed on a roll call vote 5-0.
12. a. Public Safety update by Richert.
b. Motion (Thomas/O’Brien-Berglund) to set the North Hudson Police Department minimum daily staffing level at 8.5 hours per day. Motion carried.
c. Motion (Thomas/Zappa) to install “No Trailer Parking This Block” signs in the 600 and 700 blocks of Galahad Rd. N., 200 block of Sommers St. N., and the cul-de-sac of Galahad Pl. N. Motion carried.
13. No Public Welfare update.
14. Park Board update by O’Brien-Berglund.
15. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website - www.northhudsonvillage.org. WNAXLP