VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: Ordinance 06-2012 (Amend Ch. 90)VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON
VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON
ORDINANCE NO. 06-2012
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE
MUNICIPAL CODE FOR THE
VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON, WISCONSIN
WHEREAS, the Board of Trustees of the Village of North Hudson wishes to amend Chapter 90, Traffic and Vehicles, Article I. In General, Section 90-9. Official Traffic Signs and Signals., of the Village of North Hudson Municipal Code. (Created language is underlined.)
NOW THEREFORE, the Board of Trustees of the Village of North Hudson does ordain as follows:
Sec. 90-9. - Official traffic signs and signals.
(a) Street commissioner to procure and erect signs and signals. The street commissioner shall procure, erect and maintain appropriate standard traffic signs, signals and markings conforming to the rules of the state department of transportation giving such notice of the provisions of this section as required by law. Signs shall be erected in such locations and manner as the street commissioner shall determine will best effect the purposes of this section and give adequate warning to users of the street or highway.
(b) Removal of unofficial signs and signals. The street commissioner shall have the authority granted by Wis. Stats. § 349.09 and shall order the removal of a sign, signal, marking or device placed, maintained or displayed in violation of this section or Wis. Stats. § 346.42. Any charge imposed on premises for removal of such an illegal sign, signal or device shall be reported to the board at its next regular meeting for review and certification.
(c) Parking large vehicles restricted. No road tractor, truck tractor, semitrailer, trailer, tractor-semitrailer or any other vehicle or combination of vehicles exceeding 20 feet in length, except as specified in this section, shall be parked upon any public or private property zoned residential or upon that part of any public street or highway either side of which is zoned residential. The types of vehicles enumerated in this section shall be as defined in Wis. Stats. § 340.01. This shall not prohibit parking of the following:
(1) A school bus may be parked on the property of any public or private school, or on that part of any public street or highway abutting such school property, as necessary for transportation of students.
(2) A car pool vehicle may be parked on private property constituting the residence of the owner or regular operator of such vehicle.
(3) A motor home or fifth-wheel mobile home may be parked on private property constituting the residence of the owner of such vehicle, or of a person with whom the vehicle owner is residing as a bona fide noncommercial guest for a period not exceeding two weeks' duration.
(4) Any vehicle engaged in delivery or removal of goods or performance of services, including construction, may be parked on the private property to which such goods or services are being delivered or from which such goods are being removed, or upon that part of any public street or highway abutting such property, as reasonably necessary for such purposes.
(5) Any vehicle operated by officials or employees of the village or any other governmental unit or agency, public utilities and authorized police, fire and emergency services may be parked as necessary for performance of official duties.
(6) Any combination of vehicle and recreational trailer.
(d) Leaving key in ignition in unattended vehicle prohibited. No person shall park or leave any motor vehicle unattended in the village with the ignition key in the vehicle, unless such vehicle is in a locked or attended enclosure, private garage, attended parking lot or public garage.
(e) Compliance with orders. In addition to complying with the other provisions of this chapter, every person shall immediately comply with the directions and orders of any village officer or employee to temporarily remove his automobile from any street or allowed alley during any period that any officer, employee or person is engaged by the village in removing snow or other obstructions or constructing or repairing such street or alley. Such officer or employee is authorized to give such directions and orders.
Adopted by the Village Board this 1st day of May, 2012.
VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON
By: /s/ George Klein, President
Attest: /s/Becky Milbrandt, Clerk
_______________________________ (Pub. 05/10/12) WNAXLP