HUDSON SCHOOL DISTRICT: 4/17/12 Special Meeting Minutes(Pub. May 17, 2012)
(Pub. May 17, 2012)
HUDSON SCHOOL DISTRICT
Special Board of Education Meeting
April 17, 2012
1. The Special Meeting of the Hudson Board of Education was called to order by President Van Loenen at 6:30 pm in the Administrative Service Center Meeting Room. Members present: Brian Bell, Pat German, Tom Holland, Mark Kaisersatt, Lynn Robson, Daniel Tjornehoj, and Barbara Van Loenen. Also in attendance: Superintendent Mary Bowen-Eggebraaten and Financial Services Director Tim Erickson.
2. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
3. Bell moved, with second by Robson, to approve the agenda. Motion carried.
4. Erickson reviewed an amendment to the St. Croix Meadows purchase agreement. Holland moved, with second by Kaisersatt, to approve the amendment to the agreement as presented. Motion carried.
5. Superintendent Bowen-Eggebraaten presented the 2011-12 District goals progress report, detailing the progress on advancing the High School Learning for the Future implementation plan for the current year and further development of the multiple year plan for future implementation; the progress towards a long-term solution for grades 6-12 space for learning needs; the advancement to the next level PreK-12 Response to Intervention (RtI) including implementation of Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS) to foster greater student learning success; and research development of an on-line high school option as a potential alternative for some students to complete graduation requirements.
Superintendent Bowen-Eggebraaten presented 2011-12 school performance reports, which included each school’s progress on the 2011-12 District Goal: HSD 2025 Implementation; their 2011-12 SMART goal strategies and progress; and the school’s individual highlights and successes. District department highlights and accomplishments were also presented for Human Services, Financial Services, Learning Services, Student Services and Communications.
6. Holland moved, with second by Bell, to adjourn to Closed Session pursuant to Wisconsin Statutes 19.85(1)(c) to consider performance evaluation data of the Superintendent. On a roll call vote, the Clerk recorded the following: Bell-yes, German-yes, Holland-yes, Kaisersatt-yes, Robson-yes, Tjornehoj-yes, Van Loenen-yes. Motion carried 7-0.
7. Bell moved, with second by Kaisersatt, to adjourn. Motion carried.
Dan Tjornehoj, Clerk