VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 3/27/12 Board Minutes(Pub. May 24, 2012)
(Pub. May 24, 2012)
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Klein called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees O’Brien-Berglund, Ortner, Standafer, Thomas, and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustee Wekkin was absent. Also in attendance were the Attorney, Terry Dunst; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Clerk, Becky Milbrandt.
2. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the March 6, 2012 Regular Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Ortner) to approve the March 20, 2012 Special Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Recognition of Trustee Thomas by Klein for his years of service to the Village.
5. Library Funding Presentation by Neil Soltis, City of Hudson Finance Officer.
6. Motion (Zappa/Thomas) that the Class “B”/”Class B” Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Mallalieu Inn be temporarily amended for an event taking place April 14, 2012 with the following conditions: 1) Area outside of building to be completely enclosed with secure (not vinyl) fence accessed only from within the building. Use of alcohol shall remain within building or fenced-in area; 2) Use of outside area only with specific permission of Village Board for each particular date and event. The April 14, 2012 event to be from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm; 3) Four (4) North Hudson police officers and three (3) St. Croix County Deputies to be on duty during the hours of the event at the owner’s expense, to be billed to the owner by the Village. Having the additional officers on foot at the event will provide adequate visibility to deter unlawful activity; 4) Owner to provide adequate, satellite restroom facilities; 5) Wisconsin Street North, from 6th St. N. to 3rd St. N., to be closed to through traffic from 10:00am to 2:00pm with an open corridor for emergency vehicles maintained (surrounding neighbors to be notified in advance by the Village). Actual times of detour route are at the discretion of the commanding NHPD officer on scene; 6) Payment for Village services must be paid within thirty (30) days after the event. Motion carried.
7. Remarks by Klein, Troester and Milbrandt.
8. No Plan Commission update.
9. a. Motion (Zappa/Ortner) to approve of the March 2012 non- recurring claims totaling $8,141.48. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
b. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to authorize the Village Administrator to research and make available vision and short term disability insurance options through payroll deductions at employee expense. Motion carried.
c. No action taken on Resolution 2012-02 for Inclusion in Wisconsin Public Employers’ Group Life Insurance Program.
d. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to authorize the Village Administrator to transfer $2,500 from the unassigned fund to the Public Works truck assigned account and $10,000 into the Employee Retirement committed account. Additionally, set up assigned accounts for and transfer $8,500 to a Police Department squad account, and $9,827 to a Police Community Education account from the unassigned fund. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
10. a. Public Works update by Standafer.
b. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) to approve the contract for street sweeping services with Mike McPhillips, Inc., effective April 1, 2012 through March 31, 2013, at a rate of $86.00 per hour. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
11. No Public Safety update.
12. No Public Welfare update.
13. No Park Board update.
14. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.