VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 5/1/12 Board Minutes(Pub. June 28, 2012)
(Pub. June 28, 2012)
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, May 1, 2012 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President George Klein called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees Head, O’Brien-Berglund, Ortner, Wekkin, and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustee Standafer was absent. Also in attendance were Tom Schumacher from Bakke Norman; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Clerk, Becky Milbrandt.
2. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the 3/27/12 Regular Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the 4/17/12
Reorganization meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Motion (Klein/Zappa) to approve the proclamation declaring April 29-May 5, 2012 as Municipal Clerks Week. Motion carried.
5. Jim Frye, Hudson Fire Chief, presented information on the MABAS System.
6. Motion (Klein/Zappa) to table Resolution 12-05 to a later time.
7. Remarks by Klein, Troester and Milbrandt. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to move the 6/5/12 Village Board meeting to 5/31/12. Motion carried.
8. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to adopt Ordinance 06-2012, an ordinance amending the municipal code for the Village of North Hudson. Passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
9. Motion (Zappa/Ortner) to adopt Ordinance 07-2012, an ordinance rescinding Chapter 22, Civil Emergencies, and recreating Chapter 22, Emergency Management Plan, of the municipal code for the Village of North Hudson. Passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
10. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the recommended appointments for Other Committees, Boards, Commissions and Bodies as listed on the attached 2012-13 Directory of Elected and Appointed Officials revised 5/1/12. Motion carried.
11. a. Update by Mike Miser.
b. Motion (Wekkin/Zappa) to approve the Conditional Use Permit for Fine Line Cabinets/Boat Storage, applicant John Van Nest, with the following conditions:
1. All operations shall comply with federal and state regulations, local ordinances, and fire codes. 2. A maximum of 30 boats/trailers in good repair to be stored on the property at any given time. 3. Hours of Operation to be: Monday–Sunday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm during the winter (November–March), Monday – Sunday 8:00 am – 8:00 pm during the summer (April-October) 4. Property is to be kept clean with no outside storage other than boats/trailers. 5. A six foot high privacy fence with black fabric mesh shall be installed along the north, west, and south sides of the property. 6. Additional exterior lighting to be perimeter cut-off lighting. Motion carried.
12. a. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to approve the April 2012 non-recurring claims totaling $17,824.55. Passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
13. a. No update.
b. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the proposal for pest control services from Guardian Pest Solutions Inc. at a cost not to exceed $38.00 per month with no contractual obligation exceeding one month. Passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
c. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to approve the renewal of the Performance Basic Plan from Arrow Lift at a cost not to exceed $386.00 per year. Passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
d. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to hire Joseph Frye as a part-time, seasonal Public Works employee for the summer of 2012. Passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
14. a. No Public Safety update.
b. Motion (Zappa/Head) to authorize traffic restriction on Webster Street N. from Lemon St. N. to Helen St. N. and Helen St. N. from Webster St. N. to Monroe St N. and Monroe St. N. from Helen St. N. to Lemon St. N. for the North Hudson Elementary School Fun Run on 5/23/12 from 2:00pm to 3:30pm with an alternate rain date of 6/1/12 from 2:00pm to 3:30pm. Motion carried.
c. Motion (Klein/O’Brien-Berglund) to close 7th St. N. to vehicular traffic from St. Croix St. N. to Monroe St. N. for the North Hudson Centennial Celebration on 6/10/12 from 12:00pm to 5:00pm. Motion carried.
15. No Public Welfare update.
16. No Park Board update.
17. Motion (Zappa/Klein) to adjourn. Motion carried. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 8:08 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.