VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 7/3/12 Board Minutes(Pub. August 23, 2012)
(Pub. August 23, 2012)
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, July 3, 2012 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President George Klein called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees Head, O’Brien-Berglund, Ortner, Standafer, and Wekkin. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustee Zappa was absent. Also in attendance were Attorney, Terry Dunst; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Public Works Supervisor, Mark Ekblad; Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Clerk, Becky Milbrandt.
2. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Head) to approve the 5/31/12 Regular Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Motion (Wekkin/O’Brien-Berglund) that the Class “B”/“Class B” Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Kozy Korner be temporarily amended for events taking place on Saturday and Sunday, July 21 and 22, 2012 between the hours of 8:00 am on Saturday, July 21 and 2:30 am on Sunday, July 22 and again on Sunday, July 22, between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm., with the following conditions: 1) Area outside of building to be completely enclosed with fence and the extended premises accessed only from within the building. 2) Use of alcohol shall remain within building or fenced-in area per the establishment’s liquor license. 3) Use of outside area only with specific permission of the Village Board for requested date and time. 4) Owner to provide an equal amount of adjacent substitute off-street parking while parking lot area is fenced during time of event. 5) Owner to be responsible for band/music volume. 6) All outside music to end no later than 10:00 pm. Motion carried.
5. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Ortner) to approve the Temporary Class “B” Fermented Malt Beverage and “Class B” Intoxicating Liquor License for North Hudson Pepper Festival, Inc. with an effective date of August 16 through August 20, 2012, as recommended by the Village Clerk. Motion carried.
6. Comments by Klein and Milbrandt.
7. No Plan Commission update.
8. a) Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to approve the June 2012 non- recurring claims totaling $9,684.73. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
b) Motion (Wekkin/Standafer) to approve Resolution 2012-07, a resolution providing for the sale of $1,875,000 General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2012A. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
c) Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Ortner) to approve the purchase of a Dell PowerEdge T410 exchange server, as recommended by Quality Computer Services in the attached document, at a cost not to exceed $8,000, which will include labor and upgrades as needed. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
d) Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Ortner) to approve the transfer of $151,040 from the 210 Sewer Replacement/Surcharge Fund to the 220 Water Maintenance/Replacement Fund to re-allocate the revenue correctly. Additionally, transfer $93,916.50 from the 220 Water Maintenance/Replacement Fund to the 210 Sewer Replacement/ Surcharge Fund to re-allocate debt service expense properly AND to have one half of the debt service expense be paid from the 210 Sewer Replacement/Surcharge Fund and the other half from the 220 Water Maintenance/Replacement Fund beginning in 2013 until loans from related projects are paid in full. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
e) Motion (Standafer/O’Brien-Berglund) to appoint Police Chief Mark Richert as the Interim Emergency Management Director and Deputy Emergency Management Director. Motion carried.
f) Motion (Ortner/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the Financial Policy/Procedure as submitted. Motion carried.
9. a) No Public Works update.
b) Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to accept the bid from Scott Construction Inc. to crack fill the streets listed on the proposal at a cost not to exceed $11,500.00 and that the remaining budgeted funds be used to complete the hot patching and seal coating of various streets. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
c) Motion (Standafer/Head) to accept the bid from Fahrner Asphalt Sealers Inc. to hot patch the 27 areas listed on the proposal at a cost not to exceed $11,632.00, using $1,632.00 from the crack filling budget. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
d) Motion (Standafer/O’Brien-Berglund) to accept the bid from Scott Construction Inc. to seal coat the listed streets using FA2 Dresser trap rock at a cost not to exceed $25,500.00, using $6,500.00 from the crack filling budget. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
10. Public Safety update by Richert.
11. a) No Public Welfare update.
b) Motion (Wekkin/Head) to continue the current contract with the Animal Humane Society in Woodbury, MN. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
c) Update by Wekkin on an ordinance change regarding an amendment to Chapter 10 Animals, regarding kennel permits and a limitation on the number of dogs in a single-family residence.
12. Park Board update by O’Brien-Berglund.
13. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 8:07 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.