VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 8/7/12 Board Minutes(Pub. September 20, 2012)
(Pub. September 20, 2012)
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, August 7, 2012 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President George Klein called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees Head, O’Brien-Berglund, Standafer, Wekkin and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustee Ortner was absent. Also in attendance were Village Attorney, Terry Dunst; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Village Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Village Clerk, Becky Milbrandt.
2. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Wekkin) to approve the July 3, 2012 Regular Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) that the Class “B”/”Class B” Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Village Inn be temporarily amended for an event taking place Saturday, 8/11/12 from 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm, with the following conditions: 1) Area outside of the building to be completely enclosed with secure fencing to be accessed only from near the main entrance area of the building. Use of alcohol shall remain within the building or fenced-in area; 2) Use of outside area only with specific permission of the Village Board for each particular date and event; 3) Owner to provide equal amount of adjacent substitute off-street parking while parking lot area is fenced during time of event. Maintain the no parking alley between the Village Inn and Zappa Bros. for emergency vehicle and Village Public Works traffic during the event; 4) Owner to be responsible for band/music volume and outside music to end no later than 10:00 pm. Motion carried.
5. Motion (Wekkin/O’Brien-Berglund) that the Class “B”/“Class B” Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Seasons Tavern be temporarily amended for an event taking place Saturday, August 18, 2012 from 9:00 am until 2:00 am on Sunday, August 19, 2012 and during normal business hours between the start and end time of the request, with the following conditions: 1) Area outside of building to be completely enclosed with fence and the extended premises accessed only from a single access point; 2) Use of alcohol shall remain within the building or fenced-in area per the establishment’s liquor license; 3) Use of outside area only with specific permission of Village Board for requested date and time; 4) Owner to provide equal amount of adjacent substitute off-street parking while parking lot area is fenced during time of event; 5) Owner to be responsible for DJ/music volume; 6) All outside music to end no later than 10:00 pm. Motion carried.
6. Motion (Wekkin/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the formation of the Union Contract Negotiation Ad-Hoc Committee to include Village President, George Klein; Public Safety Committee Chair, Marc Zappa; Village Administrator, Gloria Troester; and North Hudson Police Chief, Mark Richert. This ad-hoc committee shall be formed for the specific purpose of negotiating the WPPA Union successor contract and will be abolished upon approval of the contract. Motion carried.
7. Comments by Klein and Milbrandt. Motion (Klein/O’Brien- Berglund) to appoint Ted Head as representative to the Cable Board. Motion carried.
8. No Plan Commission update.
9. a) Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to approve the July 2012 non-recurring claims totaling $48,403.06. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
b) Update by Troester.
c) Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to postpone discussion. Motion carried.
d) Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Head) to authorize Bowmar Appraisal, Inc. to complete a revaluation of all of the properties in the Village of North Hudson starting in 2013 through 2014, at cost not to exceed $64,000, to be paid in two annual payments of $32,000. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
e) Motion (Zappa/Head) to approve the purchase of “Welcome to the Village of North Hudson - Established June 10, 1912” signs using the proceeds from the Centennial Celebration, installation contingent upon Park Board approval. Motion carried.
f) No discussion about the 2013 Budget.
10. a) No Public Works update.
b) Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to approve the snow removal contract with Bjornstad and Sons for the period from 9/1/12 through 8/31/13 as presented with recommended revisions by the Village Attorney. Motion passed on a roll call vote 6-0.
11. No Public Safety update.
12. No Public Welfare update.
13. Park Board update by O’Brien-Berglund.
14. Motion (Klein/O’Brien-Berglund) to convene into closed session per §19.85(1)(e) for the purpose of determining a negotiating and bargaining strategy for the possible purchase of real property and the investing of public funds, and also per 19.35(g) for the purpose of conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved, with respect to 712 Pine Street N. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0 at 7:27 pm.
15. Motion (Standafer/O’Brien-Berglund) to re-convene into open session. Motion carried at 8:07 pm.
Motion (Klein/O’Brien-Berglund) to authorize the Village President and Village Attorney to approach Randy Krongard and/or his attorney regarding a possible purchase of the property at 712 Pine Street N. and if need be, conduct a title search and three appraisals of the property. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0.
16. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 8:09 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.