VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 9/4/12 Board Minutes(Pub. December 6, 2012)
(Pub. December 6, 2012)
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, September 4, 2012 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. Village Clerk Becky Milbrandt called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees Head, O’Brien-Berglund, Ortner, Standafer, Wekkin and Zappa. It was noted that Village President George Klein was absent. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Attorney, Terry Dunst; Engineer, Kevin Oium; Police Chief, Mark Richert; and Administrator, Gloria Troester. Public Works Supervisor, Mark Ekblad arrived at 7:20 pm. Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to nominate Marc Zappa as President pro tem. Motion carried.
2. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Wekkin) to approve the August 7, 2012 Regular Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Motion (Wekkin/O’Brien-Berglund) that the Class “B”/“Class B” Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Kozy Korner be temporarily amended for an event taking place on Saturday, 9/15/12 from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm with the following conditions: 1) Area outside of building to be completely enclosed with fence and the extended premises accessed only from within the building. 2) Use of alcohol shall remain within building or fenced-in area per the establishment’s liquor license. 3) Use of outside area only with specific permission of the Village Board for requested dates and times. 4) Owner to provide an equal amount of adjacent substitute off-street parking while parking lot area is fenced during time of event. 5) Owner to be responsible for band/music volume. 6) All outside music to end no later than 10:00 pm. Motion carried.
5. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Wekkin) to give permission to Lee and Rebekah Dodge to construct a six foot high fence at 1023 Monroe Street N. less than ten feet from their property line abutting Webster Park. The property owners shall construct the fence completely within their property line and obtain the necessary permit(s) from the North Hudson Building Inspector. Motion carried.
6. a. Motion (Wekkin/Standafer) to approve the Contract between the Village of North Hudson and RiverValley Deer Management for the 2012-2013 hunting season as presented. Motion carried.
b. Motion (Wekkin/Head) to approve the applications of Lon Feia, Rick Krause, Kevin Coffey, Sean Coffey, Bradley Coulter, Jon Loewe, Robert Meyer, Patrick Coffey, Michael Coffey, and Matthew Kraft for participation in the Village of North Hudson Deer Management Program during the 2012-2013 hunting season. Motion carried.
7. a. No President’s remarks.
b. No Administrator’s remarks.
c. No Village Clerk’s remarks.
8. No Plan Commission update.
9. a. Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to approve the August 2012 non-recurring claims totaling $68,571.61. Motion carried.
b. Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to approve Resolution 2012-08, a resolution adopting a Post-Issuance Debt Compliance Policy for the Village of North Hudson. Motion carried.
c. Motion (Standafer/Head) to approve Resolution 2012-09, a resolution providing for the issuance, sale and delivery of $1,860,000 General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2012A, of the Village of North Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote 6-0.
d. No action taken.
e. Motion (Standafer/Ortner) to approve requiring mandatory participation in the direct deposit system established by the Village as a condition of employment with an implementation date of 1/1/13. Motion passed on a roll call vote 6-0.
f. 2012 Annual Budget Update by Troester.
10. a. No Public Works update.
b. No action taken on the Shop Yards project.
c. Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to have Zappa Bros. Inc. repair the catch basin and the street in front of 631-4th St. N. at a cost not to exceed $4,860. Motion passed on a roll call vote 6-0.
d. No action taken on the New Holland Mower repairs/
e. No action taken on the 2011-12 Snow Removal Contract
f. No action taken on the salt storage options.
11. Public Safety update by Richert.
12. Public Welfare update by Wekkin.
13. a. Park Board update by O’Brien-Berglund.
b. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Ortner) to purchase park signs from Lebo Sign Works for Glen Oaks and Ferry Landing Parks at a cost not to exceed $450 each and a “park rules” sign for Ferry Landing Park at a cost not to exceed $250. Motion passed on a roll call vote 6-0.
14. Motion (Zappa/Standafer) to convene into closed session per Wis. Stat. 19.35(1)(e) for the purpose of determining a negotiating and bargaining strategy for the possible purchase of real property and the investing of public funds, and also pursuant to 19.35(g) for the purpose of conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved, with respect 712 Pine St. N. and per Wis. Stat. 19.35(1)(f) to consider financial, medical, social or personal histories or disciplinary data of specific persons, preliminary consideration of specific personnel problems or the investigation of charges against specific persons except where par. (b) applies which, if discussed in public, would be likely to have a substantial adverse effect upon the reputation of any person referred to in such histories or data, or involved in such problems or investigations with respect to an appeal of an operator’s license denial. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0 at 7:46 pm.
15. A motion was made by Standafer & seconded by Wekkin in closed session to re-convene into open session. Open session resumed.
16. Motion (Standafer/Head) to grant the appeal of B. Boumeester and issue an operator’s license. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0 at 8:14pm.
17. Zappa declared the meeting adjourned at 8:15pm.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.