VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 10/2/12 Board Minutes(Pub. December 13, 2012)
(Pub. December 13, 2012)
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, October 2, 2012 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President George Klein called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees Head, O’Brien-Berglund, Ortner, Standafer, Wekkin and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Attorney, Terry Dunst; Engineer, Kevin Oium; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Public Works Supervisor, Mark Ekblad; Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Clerk, Becky Milbrandt.
2. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve the 9/4/12 Regular Board meeting minutes with a correction that Zappa, not Klein, adjourned the meeting. Motion carried.
Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to approve the 9/27/12 Special Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) that the Class “B”/“Class B” Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Kozy Korner be temporarily amended for an event taking place on Sunday, 10/14/12 from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm with the following conditions: 1) Area outside of building to be completely enclosed with fence and the extended premises accessed only from within the building. 2) Use of alcohol shall remain within building or fenced-in area per the establishment’s liquor license. 3) Use of outside area only with specific permission of the Village Board for requested dates and times.
4) Owner to provide an equal amount of adjacent substitute off-street parking while parking lot area is fenced during time of event. 5) Owner to be responsible for band/music volume, in the event a noise complaint is received. 6) All outside music to end no later than 10:00 pm. Motion carried.
5. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) that the Class “B”/”Class B” Retail License for the sale of Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors for Mallalieu Inn be temporarily amended for an event taking place October 13, 2012 with the following conditions: 1) Area outside of building to be completely enclosed with secure (not vinyl) fence accessed only from within the building. Use of alcohol shall remain within building or fenced-in area. 2) Use of outside area only with specific permission of Village Board for each particular date and event. The October 13, 2012 event to be from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. 3) Four North Hudson police officers and three St. Croix County Deputies to be on duty during the hours of the event at the owner’s expense, to be billed to the owner by the Village. Having the additional officers on foot at the event will provide adequate visibility to deter unlawful activity. 4) Owner to provide adequate, satellite restroom facilities. 5) Wisconsin St. N., from 6th St. N. to 3rd St. N., to be closed to through traffic from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm with an open corridor for emergency vehicles maintained (surrounding neighbors to be notified in advance by the Village). Actual times of detour route are at the discretion of the commanding NHPD officer on scene. 6) Payment for Village services must be paid within 30 days after the event. Motion carried.
6. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to give permission to RiverValley Deer Management to hunt in the undeveloped St. Croix Station Park. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 5-2.
7. a. No President’s remarks.
b. No Administrator’s remarks.
c. Motion (Klein/Zappa) to move the November Village Board meeting to 11/8/12. Motion carried.
8. No Plan Commission update.
9. a. Motion (Wekkin/Standafer) to approve the September 2012 non-recurring claims totaling $79,154.52. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
b. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve the fire protection contract with a budget amount of $85,907. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
c. No action taken on the Administrator’s job description.
d. No action taken on the Library Funding options.
e. No action taken on the 2012 Annual Budget.
10. a. Public Works update by Standafer.
b. Motion (Standafer/Zappa) to amend the 2012 Village of North Hudson’s 210 Sewer Surcharge/Replacement Fund and the 220 Water Maintenance/Replacement Fund by $3,250 each and the 415 Capital Fund Budgets by $6,500 to cover engineering fees for the 2013 Shop yards project. Additionally, authorize the Village Administrator to sign the engineering agreement with Cedar Corporation. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
c. Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to have Zappa Bros. Inc. repair the sinkhole at a cost not to exceed $485.00. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
11. Public Safety update by Zappa.
12. No Public Welfare update.
13. Park Board by O’Brien-Berglund.
14. Motion (Klein/O’Brien-Berglund) to convene into closed session per Wis. Stat. 19.35(1)(e) for the purpose of determining a negotiating and bargaining strategy for the possible purchase of real property and the investing of public funds, and also pursuant to 19.35(g) for the purpose of conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved, with respect 712 Pine St. N. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. The Village Board convened into closed session at 7:41 pm.
15. A motion was made by Head and seconded by Wekkin in closed session to re-convene into open session. The motion carried and open session resumed at 8:14 pm. Klein announced that no action was taken in closed session.
16. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.