VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: Resolution 2012-13 - Employee Health Plan(Pub. December 13, 2012)
(Pub. December 13, 2012)
VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON
RESOLUTION TO PROVIDE A HEALTH AND DENTAL PLAN FOR ELIGIBLE VILLAGE EMPLOYEES
The Board of Trustees of the Village of North Hudson, Wisconsin, at a meeting held this 4th day of December, 2012, hereby adopts the following resolution:
WHEREAS, the Village of North Hudson provides medical and dental insurance coverage for eligible employees, and;
WHEREAS, the Village of North Hudson has received renewal options for said coverage effective January 1, 2013, and;
WHEREAS, the Village of North Hudson has reviewed all of the options available to renew said coverage, and;
WHEREAS, the Village of North Hudson has determined the option in the best interest of the Village and its’ employees, is to change the provider of our medical coverage to Anthem Lumenos 2500-100 HSA High Deductible Health Plan and renew coverage with Delta Dental of WI, and;
WHEREAS, the renewal quotes for Anthem health insurance coverage has increased by 13.3% and the dental insurance has increased by 2.5%.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Village of North Hudson will change health insurance carriers and the plan provided for eligible employees as follows:
1. Coverage will be through Anthem Lumenos 2500-100 HSA High Deductible Health Plan.
2. HSA Bank will provide a Health Savings Account Plan in conjunction with the insurance coverage through Anthem.
3. The individual deductible for health insurance will be set at $2,500 and the family deductible at $5,000 of which the Village will contribute $2,125 per individual and $4,250 per family. Employee’s contribution will remain at 15% of premium and health plan deductible; employees will have an additional co-payment structure ($10 generic /$50 preferred /$75 non-preferred) for prescription medication after the deductible has been met to an out of pocket maximum of additional $1,000 single and $2,000 family above the deductible if they utilize the co-payment structure for prescription medication.
4. The single deductible for dental insurance will remain at $50 and the family deductible will remain at $150. Annual maximum benefits are capped at $1,000 and orthodontic maximum is $1,500.
5. Eligible employees will be able to make contributions to the Health Savings Account to offset the additional exposure in deductible and out of pocket maximum provided for in the plan.
Dated this 4th day of December, 2012.
THE VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON
/s/ George Klein, Village President
ATTESTED: Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk