VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 11/8/12 Board MinutesVillage of North Hudson
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Thursday, November 8, 2012 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President George Klein called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees Head, O’Brien-Berglund, Standafer, Wekkin and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Attorney, Terry Dunst; Engineer, Kevin Oium; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Public Works Supervisor, Mark Ekblad; Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Clerk, Becky Milbrandt. Trustee Ortner arrived at 7:02 pm.
2. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the 10/2/12 Regular Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Remarks from Klein and Milbrandt.
5. Motion (Standafer/O’Brien-Berglund) to adopt Ord. 08-2012, an ordinance amending the municipal code for the Village of North Hudson, regarding cross connection control. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
6. Motion (Standafer/Ortner) to adopt Ord. 09-2012, an ordinance amending the municipal code for the Village of North Hudson, regarding well abandonment. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
7. Motion (Wekkin/O’Brien-Berglund) to adopt Ord. 10-2012, an ordinance amending the municipal code for the Village of North Hudson, as presented. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
8. Motion (Standafer/Wekkin) to approve the 2013 Mobile Home Trailer Park Permit for Pamela Zappa. Motion carried.
9. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve the North Hudson Professional Police Association Union Contract for 2013-2015. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
10. a. Plan Commission update by Milbrandt.
b. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to approve the Conditional Use Permit of Ralph and Marlys Swenson, to construct a stairway and landing at 707 Galahad Rd. N., with the following conditions: 1. The project shall comply with federal and state regulations, and local ordinances, including Section 98-151(I)(7)(b and c) of the Lower St. Croix Riverway Zoning Ordinance. 2. Silt fence to be installed at the bottom of the slope near the St. Croix River if any land disturbing activities will take place. Motion carried.
11. a. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to approve the October 2012 non- recurring claims totaling $73,743.02. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
b. No action taken on library funding.
c. Motion (Wekkin/Zappa) to approve giving notice of the Village’s intent to withdraw from the Hudson Area Joint Library Agreement. Motion carried.
d. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to approve participation in the Wisconsin Public Employers’ Group Life Insurance Program at a cost to the Village of 20% of the total employee premium (which is payable in addition to the employee rates). Further, move to approve Resolution #2012-10 for Inclusion under Group Life Insurance for coverage of Basic Group Life Insurance, Supplemental Group Life Insurance, Additional Group Life Insurance (Units 1, 2 and 3) and Spouse & Dependent Group Life. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
e. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to approve the 2013 Emergency Medical and Ambulance Service Contract between the Village of North Hudson and the City of Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
f. Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to approve the Village Administrator position description. Motion carried.
g. Motion (Wekkin/Zappa) to approve the carry forward of $7,171 of unused levy from the prior year, increasing the levy to $1,441,451. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
12. No Public Works update.
13. Public Safety update by Richert.
14. No Public Welfare update.
15. a. No Park Board update.
b. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to accept reservations for use of the pavilion at Chief Jansen Memorial Park. Motion carried.
16. Motion (Zappa/Ortner) to convene into closed session per §19.85(1)(c) to considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility, regarding employee wages and benefits. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0. The Village Board convened into closed session at 8:07 pm.
17. A motion was made by Standafer and seconded by Wekkin in closed session to re-convene into open session. The motion carried and open session resumed at 8:26 pm.
18. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve the employee health and dental insurance contribution remaining at 15%. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve the 2013 wage increase for all non-represented employees as presented. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve the publication of the 2013 Annual Budget and public hearing posting as required by Wis. § 65.90 Municipal Budgets (3)(a). Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
19. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
___________________________________ (Pub. 12/27/12) WNAXLP