ST. CROIX COUNTY: 12/4/12 Board ProceedingsCall to Order; Invocation by Larry Szyman, Faith Community Church, Hudson, Wisconsin; Pledge Allegiance to the Flag
PROCEEDINGS OF THE ST. CROIX COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
DECEMBER 4, 2012 9:00 AM
County Board Room – St. Croix County Government Center, 1101 Carmichael Road, Hudson, Wisconsin
Call to Order; Invocation by Larry Szyman, Faith Community Church, Hudson, Wisconsin; Pledge Allegiance to the Flag
Roll Call-15 Present; 4 Absent – Hood, Yoerg, Hawksford, Russett
Consent Agenda – Motion by Schachtner, 2nd by Peterson to approve the November 5, 2012 minutes and setting the next meeting of the County Board of Supervisors for January 8, 2013. Carried unanimously.
Presentations or Recognitions
1. Conservation Speech-Hannah Perry-Junior Division St. Croix County Winner
2. Conservation Speech-Kylie Strop-Elementary Division St. Croix County Winner - not present
3. Hudson High School Cross Country State Champion-Coach Don Krupa and Ryan Kromer - not present
4. Glenwood City High School Football State Championship-Coach Shane Strong and coaching staff were present
5. Somerset High School Football State Championship-Coach Bruce Larson and players Tyler Ledbeter, Reggie Larson, Luke Praschak were present.
County Administrator’s Report by Patrick Thompson.
Annual Committee and Department Reports - Sheriff's Office, Emergency Support Services, Child Support, Medical Examiner, 2012 District Attorney and Victim Witness - no questions.
OLD AND NEW BUSINESS
1. Resolution Approving Alteration of Supervisory District Boundaries Resulting from an Annexation to the City of Hudson- Motion by Peterson, 2nd by Peavey. Carried unanimously.
2. Resolution to Authorize the Sale of Vacant County Land and Assign Proceeds to Create a Separate Capital Projects Fund - Motion by Peterson, 2nd by Schachtner to approve. Review and discussion. Horne left the meeting at 11:33 a.m. Motion by Malick, 2nd by Peavey to amend the resolution by changing line 27 after “fund to be used”, strike the remainder and add, “as directed by the Board”.
Motion by Malick, 2nd by Ostness to postpone this matter until the January 8, 2013 County Board meeting with a request to the County Administrator to answer two questions: What would be the minimum price recommended for auction? What is the minimum amount of space set aside from the auction to serve the Nursing Home and all other likely uses? Passed: Yes: 9 - No: 5 (Standafer, Larson, Kiesler, J. Hurtgen, B. Hurtgen).
County Clerk’s Report of Correspondence and Rezoning Requests – None
Announcements and Adjournment
Daryl Standafer, Chair Cindy Campbell, County Clerk
CERTIFICATE OF CLERK
STATE OF WISCONSIN }
COUNTY OF ST. CROIX }
I, Cindy Campbell, County Clerk for St. Croix County, do hereby certify the foregoing is a true, correct and complete record of the transactions of the St. Croix County Board of Supervisors’ meeting held on December 4, 2012. Resolutions, ordinances, reports and minutes are filed in the County Clerk’s Office.
Dated January 15, 2013 in Hudson, St. Croix County, Wisconsin.
Cindy Campbell, St. Croix County Clerk