VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 12/4/12 Board MinutesVillage of North Hudson
Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President George Klein called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Answering the call were Trustees Head, O’Brien-Berglund, Ortner, Standafer, Wekkin and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Village Attorney, Terry Dunst; Village Engineer, Kevin Oium; Police Chief, Mark Richert; Public Works Supervisor, Mark Ekblad; Village Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Village Clerk, Becky Milbrandt.
2. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve the 11/8/12 Regular Board meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Motion (Wekkin/Zappa) to open the public hearing on the 2013 proposed Budget. Motion carried at 7:04 pm.
5. Presentation of the 2013 Proposed Budget by Troester.
6. No public comments.
7. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to close the public hearing at 7:13 pm. Motion carried.
8. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve Resolution No. 2012-12, adopting the Village Annual Budget and Establishing the Tax Levy for the Village of No. Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
9. Remarks by Klein, Troester and Milbrandt.
10. No Plan Commission update.
11. a. Motion (Wekkin/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the November 2012 non-recurring claims totaling $19,849.51. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
b. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve the Treasurer/ Deputy Clerk position description. Motion carried.
c. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Wekkin) to approve the comp-time and vacation carryover amounts as presented. Motion carried.
d. (1) Motion (Wekkin/Zappa) to approve the Independent Contractor Agreement, for Building Inspector and Zoning Administrator services, between Brian Wert Inspection Agency, Inc. and the Village of North Hudson for the period of 1/1/13 through 12/31/13. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
(2) Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the Letter of Understanding for Impound Housing Services with the Animal Humane Society in Woodbury for the period of 1/1/13 through 12/31/13. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
(3) Motion (Zappa/Wekkin) to approve the contract for tree and stump removal services with St. Croix Tree Service, effective 1/1/13 through 12/31/14 at a rate of $200.00 per tree and $50.00 per stump. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
(4) Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve the agreement to amend and extend the engineering services contract with Cedar Corp at the rates listed on the 2013 Schedule of Hourly Rates as provided. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
e. Motion (Zappa/O’Brien-Berglund) to approve Resolution 2012-13, to provide a health and dental plan for eligible Village employees. Motion passed on a roll call vote 7-0.
12. No Public Works update.
13. No Public Safety update.
14. Public Welfare update by Wekkin.
15. a. No Park Board update.
b. Motion (O’Brien-Berglund/Standafer) to approve Resolution 2012-11, adopting the Village of North Hudson Outdoor Recreation/ Park Plan for inclusion in the St. Croix County Outdoor Recreation Plan. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-1; Wekkin-no.
16. Klein declared the meeting adjourned at 7:41 p.m.
Becky Milbrandt, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
___________________________________ (Pub. 01/31/13) WNAXLP