North Hudson’s most famous landmark for more than three-quarters of a century was the railroad car shops. Opened in 1872, the facility was used to build and repair railroad cars and was the area’s largest employer for many years. The shops closed in 1957. Many of the buildings have been refurbished, but still stand in what is now an industrial area on the east side of Galahad Road.
Read the article: North Hudson prepares for centennial