The cause of a fire that destroyed a historic Baldwin grain elevator and feed mill may never be discovered. “With the heat and intensity, it was hard to get inside to really get a determination (of what started the fire),” Gary Newton, chief of United Fire & Rescue’s Baldwin station, said Monday.
A wooden-framed grain elevator just north of downtown Baldwin was destroyed in spectacular blaze that began about 4:15 p.m. Thursday. Owner Lee Seim suspects a gas leak or heater malfuction caused the fire.
View your ad here! Cost effective targeted advertising. Contextual advertising starting as low as $79/month. This includes targeted ad delivery and search results! Add your business to the Marketplace »