Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, November 29, 2016 @ 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m. Invocation read by Wekkin. Answering the call were Trustees Nelson, O'Brien-Berglund, Pike, Zais, and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustee Head was absent. Also in attendance were the Police Chief, Mark Richert; Village Engineer, Kevin Oium; Village Attorney, Terry Dunst; Village Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Village Clerk, Melissa Luedke.
2. Motion (Zappa/Pike) to approve the Regular Board minutes of November 1, 2016. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. a. Motion (Zappa/O'Brien) to open the public hearing. Wekkin declared the Public Hearing open at 7:04 p.m. Motion carried.
b. Troester presented the 2017 Proposed Budget.
c. No one from the public was present.
d. Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to close the public hearing. Wekkin declared the public hearing closed at 7:25 p.m.
5. Motion (O'Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to approve Resolution 2016-07, Adopting the 2017 Annual Village Budget and Establishing the Tax Levy. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Nelson-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Zais-yes.
6. Motion (Zappa/Zais) to have the Village contact a salvage company of the Village choice to arrange for the disposal of the abandoned personal property being held by the Village for the least cost possible. Motion (Zappa/Zais) to have the Public Works Foreman contact a salvage company to arrange for the disposal of the abandoned personal property being held by the Village, from 712 Pine St N., for the least cost possible. Motion carried.
7. Discussion regarding resident request for Nativity Display at Village Hall.
8. Remarks from Wekkin and Luedke.
9. Plan Commission did not meet.
10. a. Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to approve the November 2016 non-recurring claims of $51,634.04. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 6-0. Zais-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Nelson-yes.
b. Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to approve the Animal Warden Services contract with Kathi Pelnar. Motion carried.
Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to approve the Animal Impounding Services contract with Woodbury Animal Humane Society. Motion carried.
Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to approve the Building Inspector/ Zoning Administrator contract with Brian Wert. Motion carried.
Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to approve the Tree Removal contract with SavATree for two (2) years. Motion carried.
The Village Engineering Services Contract with Cedar Corp. will be addressed at next month's meeting. The Village Attorney will be reviewing the current contract.
11. a. Public Works update by Pike.
b. Motion (Zappa/Nelson) to approve Patrick Moos as interim Public Works Director, and for the Public Works Chair and Administrator to speak with Moos regarding the position and report back to the board. Motion carried.
12. Public Safety update by Zappa.
13. Public Welfare did not meet.
14. Park Board update by O'Brien-Berglund.
15. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 8:24 pm.
Melissa Luedke, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
___________________________________ (Pub. 01/12/17) WNAXLP