Village of North Hudson
Special Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, December 20, 2016 @ 4:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 4:02 p.m. Invocation read by Wekkin. Answering the call were Trustees Nelson, O'Brien-Berglund, Pike, and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. It was noted that Trustees Head and Zais were absent. Also in attendance were Village Attorney, Terry Dunst; Village Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Village Clerk, Melissa Luedke.
2. Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to approve the 2017 Emergency Medical and Ambulance Service Contract. Motion carried.
3. Motion (O'Brien-Berglund/Zappa) to convene into closed session per §19.85(1)(g) for the purpose of conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved, with respect to the case of Guy Hawkinson vs. Village of North Hudson. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 5-0. Nelson-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, O'Brien -Berglund-yes.
Motion (Pike/Nelson) to convene into closed session per §19.85 (1)(e) for the purpose of deliberating or negotiating the purchase of public properties, the investing of public funds, or conducting other specified public business, whenever competitive or bargaining reasons require a closed session, with respect to the possible purchase of the Municipal Garage from Zappa Development LLP. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 4-0. Zappa abstained. O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Nelson-yes. Zappa recused himself.
The Board convened into closed session at 4:11 pm.
4. Motion (Nelson/O'Brien-Berglund) to reconvene into open session at 4:45 pm. Motion carried.
Discussion and possible action based on closed session-Guy Hawkinson vs. Village of North Hudson: Motion (Pike/O'Brien-Berglund) to enter into a stipulation to drop the appeal and vacate the underlying Circuit Court judgment. Motion carried.
Discussion and possible action based on closed session-Purchase of Municipal Garage from Zappa Development LLP: No further discussion or information at this time.
5. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 4:48 pm.
Melissa Luedke, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
___________________________________ (Pub. 01/12/17) WNAXLP