Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m. Invocation read by Wekkin. Answering the call were Trustees Head, Nelson, O'Brien-Berglund, Pike, Zais, and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Police Chief, Mark Richert; Village Engineer, Kevin Oium; Interim Public Works Director, Patrick Moos; Village Attorney, Terry Dunst; Village Administrator, Gloria Troester; and Village Clerk, Melissa Luedke.
2. Motion (O'Brien-Berglund/Pike) to approve the Regular Board minutes of January 3, 2017. Motion carried.
3. No comments from the floor.
4. Remarks from Wekkin and Luedke.
5. Plan Commission did not meet.
6. a. Motion (Zappa/O'Brien-Berglund) to approve the December non-recurring claims of $33,908.17 and February 2017 non-recurring claims of $96,211.89. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Nelson -yes, Head-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Zais-yes.
b. Motion (Head/Pike) to accept the loan bid from Citizens State Bank in an amount not to exceed $200,000 with a 2.5% fixed rate over a ten year repayment schedule with semi-annual payments beginning in 2018 and no prepayment penalties. Additionally, authorize the Village President and Administrator to sign loan agreements and secure funding. Motion passed on roll call vote of 7-0. Zais-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Head-yes, Nelson-yes.
c. Motion (O'Brien-Berglund/Zappa) that the Village Treasurer be authorized to write-off $244.36 in personal property tax as uncollectible. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Nelson-yes, Head-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Zais-yes.
d. Motion (Pike/Head) to promote Patrick Moos to the position of Public Works Director at an annual salaried rate of $49,920 with benefits as outlined in the Employee Handbook. Motion carried.
e. Discussion regarding the Water and Wastewater Agreements with the City of Hudson.
7. a. Public Works update by Pike.
b. Motion (Pike/Nelson) to approve exchange of New Holland for Bobcat Skid Loader and purchase of 96" snow blade from Tri-State Bobcat with total purchase price not to exceed $4,700. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Zais-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Head-yes, Nelson-yes.
c. Motion (Pike/Nelson) to approve ESS Brothers & Sons, Inc. to repair the 66 catch basins at a cost not to exceed $50,000. Additionally, authorize the Village Administrator to combine the $50,000 loan to fund the repair project with the previously approved $200,000 plow truck loan through Citizens State Bank, for a total loan amount of $250,000. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Nelson-yes, Head-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zappa-yes, O'Brien-Berglund-yes, Zais-yes.
8. Public Safety update by Zappa.
9. Public Welfare did not meet.
10. Park Board update by O'Brien-Berglund.
11. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 7:21 p.m.
Melissa Luedke, Village Clerk
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
___________________________________ (Pub. 03/16/17) WNAXLP