Weather Forecast


Schachtner defeats Jarchow in special election

UPDATE: Motorist from Tuesday crash dies from injuries

Emergency personnel work to free the victim of a head-on crash between a sport utility vehicle and a semi-truck about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Officials said the eastbound SUV crossed the median and struck the westbound truck. Steve Dzubay photo.1 / 3
Officials worked quickly to complete their investigation and clear the wreckage from the freeway to ease the long traffic backup. The photo was made from the nearby Highland Drive overpass, north of CTH N.2 / 3
With the victim en route to the hospital, law enforcement and firefighters document the crash scene before wreckers removed the damaged vehicles.3 / 3

A woman was transported directly to Regions Hospital late Tuesday morning following a head-on crash involving a 2006 Subaru station wagon and a semi-truck on Interstate 94 between Roberts and Hammond.

Emily R. Sadowski, 22, of Green Bay died Aug. 1 at Regions Hospital in the Twin Cities.

The crash was the second serious truck-versus-passenger vehicle crash in St. Croix County in less than 24 hours.

The Tuesday accident did not occur in the vicinity of any construction activity. Monday's accident did.

The crash occurred at 11:17 a.m. after a eastbound car apparently ran across the median, striking the driver's side of the westbound semi-, which was pulling a flatbed trailer with a large piece of construction equipment.

At 7:04 p.m. Tuesday, the State Patrol identified the car's driver as Emily R. Sadowski, 22, of Green Bay. She received severe injuries in the crash.

The semi-driver, who was uninjured, was identified as Lexie Threshtler Aiken, 47, of Barnwell, South Carolina.

EMS and fire personnel from Roberts-Warren and River Falls responded and extricated Sadowski. An officer told his dispatcher CPR was being performed at the scene but she was transported by River Falls Ambulance to Regions Hospital in St. Paul.

The driver of the semi was not injured.

The crash closed the left lanes both directions but the freeway remained open with traffic moving slowly past the scene on respective shoulders.

The State Patrol reopened all lanes at about 1:15 p.m.

Cars and trucks were backed up several miles in both directions.