Weather Forecast


Local T-Mobile, Radio Shack burglarized

The new Hudson T-Mobile store, 1920 Crest View Drive (Southside Center), was burglarized early Tuesday morning (June 26). Mobile telephones, electronic tablets and other equipment were missing. Also burglarized in the early morning hours of June 21 was the Radio Shack Store in Plaza 94.


Hudson Police Department Patrol Officer James Wildman was waiting at the door when employees arrived. They called manager Yasir Mansour who arrived shortly after.

"I was physically shaking," said Mansour. "It was such a shock."

A security tape showed that at 4:03 a.m. on June 26, a pair of burglars entered the store. The duo appeared to have an intimate knowledge of the building. They knew where to park. They broke the glass on the back door and entered. It apparently was not a coincidence that as they walked down the long narrow hallway, they knew exactly which door to break into.

The security footage made it clear, the team of thieves, was deliberate and calm. First the tape reveals a foot being punched through the sheetrock which covered the door. Then there were the flashlight beams, and as a huge chunk of sheetrock fell away, it revealed one burglar followed by a second one who came through the hole. The two were completely covered in dark hoodies, wore gloves and what appeared to be dark nylons or masks that covered their faces. No flesh was visible. The lights in the room went on as they entered.

When they gained access, they were inside the security cage named The Phone Zone which opened on June 1.

"They knew exactly what they were looking for," said owner Mansour, as he watched the security tape again, the day after the burglary. "They knew exactly what to take."

As the duo worked, they carefully read the boxes and if it wasn't something they wanted they either left it on the floor or put it back on the shelf.

Mansour believes they took between 50 and 70 items. The tape shows the burglars took exclusively smart phones, ones that have data plan capabilities and tablets. They left all of the pay-as-you-go phones and phones that are not capable of data plans. They worked without haste, loading cardboard boxes with their items. One suspect left, leaving the other to fill another box, which was handed out through the hole in the wall.

"It's so weird that it had been so well planned," said Mansour. In four minutes they were gone, leaving a gaping hole.

By mid-afternoon on June 27 repairs were complete, but Mansour was still recovering.

"It is like they are hunting cell phones," said Mansour, having heard the Radio Shack store in Plaza 94 had been broken into just two nights before.

According the Bill Wanner, of BNA, owner of the building, the sheetrock had been in place since the area was built out for Mr. Movies. It covered a door which was visible only from inside the hallway.

Wanner was called because the back door was broken and the tall plastic garbage can from the women's restroom was missing.

It was then that he discovered the rest of the story.

It is believed the thieves dumped their items into the garbage can leaving the floor littered.

Through it all, Mansour, continued to say how thrilled he was to be in Hudson.

"People here are so nice," said Mansour. "They have been terrific neighbors. I love the community. It has been great. There are just some bad people."

Radio Shack

The Radio Shack store in Plaza 94 was burglarized at approximately 4:30 a.m. on Monday, June 21. Entry was gained by smashing the front door of the business.

Missing were games, cellphones, tablets, accessories and some cash. The burglar(s) left by the back door in the store.