Fire destroys shed, damages neighboring garage

Body: 

A shed fire at a residence on Girard Street in Hudson spread, causing damage to a next door garage and home in the early morning hours on Sunday, Sept. 9.

The fire originally started at 822 Girard St., before spreading to a fence and a portion of a garage at 902 Girard St. Siding at the residence on 902 Girard St. was damaged due to the heat, Hudson Fire Chief Scott St. Martin said.

The fire appeared to have been started from discarded materials from a fire in a fire pit, St. Martin said.

He said residents should be careful when disposing of fire pit materials.

No injuries were reported.