Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Fire destroys shed, damages neighboring garage

A shed fire spread across a property line fence, and a portion of the neighboring garage also caught on fire on Sunday, Sept. 9. The Hudson Fire Department responded to the scene. Photo courtesy of Hudson Police Department1 / 2
A structure fire on Girard Street destroyed a shed on Sunday, Sept. 9. Cause of the fire appears to be discarded materials from a fire pit. Photo courtesy of Hudson Police Department2 / 2

A shed fire at a residence on Girard Street in Hudson spread, causing damage to a next door garage and home in the early morning hours on Sunday, Sept. 9.

The fire originally started at 822 Girard St., before spreading to a fence and a portion of a garage at 902 Girard St. Siding at the residence on 902 Girard St. was damaged due to the heat, Hudson Fire Chief Scott St. Martin said.

The fire appeared to have been started from discarded materials from a fire in a fire pit, St. Martin said.

He said residents should be careful when disposing of fire pit materials.

No injuries were reported.

Rebecca Mariscal

Rebecca Mariscal joined the Hudson Star Observer as a reporter in 2016. She graduated from the University of St. Thomas with a degree in communication and journalism. 

(715) 426-1066
Advertisement
randomness